The super fantastic nutrition thread | Vital Football

The super fantastic nutrition thread

I just posted this in another thread but quite interesting:

Did you know that the avocado is also known as the alligator pear. They are high in fibre (11g) and minerals (K, B9 B6 B5) lower bad cholesterol, reduce the risk of diabetes, stroke and coronary diseases whilst giving you a boosting dose of healthy fats. Best of all, they also contain phytochemicals which reduce the risk of certain types of cancer.

I have avocado for breakfast most days now with smooth milled gluten wheat free oatcakes, followed by a selection of fruit. It gives me a bounce. Button eats coco pops. Ha! This gives me a bounce.

:62:

The experts are now saying that a class of tap water and a good nights sleep is all you need to give you a boost. The body is more than capable of protecting itself against toxins so don't waste your money on pills and healthy smoothies or juices.

I'll drink to that!

Ah! It was a Daily Mail article now I look at it again - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2633211/Detox-diets-waste-time-money-All-need-glass-water-good-sleep.html

The caveman also called the paleo diet is supposedly highly recommended.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 0
The Caveman diet is my actual diet, Skeggy. It's superb. Give it a go. Once you get the chemicals and toxins out of your system you start to feel the difference and the weight comes off naturally, though nuts and seeds have have natural salt and healthy fats.

It's food with added salt and sugars that are your enemy. Crikey, even packet ham has sugar in it. I mean, WTF? sugar and phosphates in ham.

Villa_Grizzly - 24/5/2014 07:26

The Caveman diet is my actual diet, Skeggy. It's superb. Give it a go. Once you get the chemicals and toxins out of your system you start to feel the difference and the weight comes off naturally, though nuts and seeds have have natural salt and healthy fats.

It's food with added salt and sugars that are your enemy. Crikey, even packet ham has sugar in it. I mean, WTF? sugar and phosphates in ham.

Do you eat your food without sauce?

Is there a diet that includes chicken tikka balti vindaloo with a big fat juicy naan bread?

Interesting about avocados, I remember a few years back they were considered really bad for you. Research has come on leaps and bounds. I am a fan of nuts, green tea and protein shakes.

tarzan - 24/5/2014 07:24

Is there a diet that includes chicken tikka balti vindaloo with a big fat juicy naan bread?

Yes I believe there is. It's called the seafood diet! Seafood and eat it :17: An old 1 but couldn't resist

SKEGGY - 22/5/2014 14:48

The caveman also called the paleo diet is supposedly highly recommended.

2 on the don't eat I do eat! Yikes not sure I could give up those 2 either, which are potatoes and dairy. I try and keep refined sugar to a minimum though it is hard, so I guess that's 2/3 then

Wheatgrass and coconut milk/juice. A combination of those pretty much is the same as blood and plasma.

Green smoothies. Blended in a Blendtec or Vitamix, a combination of leafy greens provides all the amino acids found in other proteins, but because it has neither been cooked, or already be in the form of protein ( which then has to be converted back into amino acids before being converted back into protein), allows the body to utilise its energy in areas other than digestion (which is a huge drain on/ proportion of the body's energy useage).

Eating raw food, including sprouts.....not Brussels kind, but sprouts like mung bean, alfalfa etc. They provide the enzymes western diets usually lack, and help to make the stomach more Alkali.

Just about to re-read The Hippocrates Diet and Wheatgrass books by Anne Wigmore, and Green Smoothies by Victoria Boutenko so will post more soon.

Sugar is now being identified as more dangerous than tobacco. Similar to the cigarette industry the food companies are somewhat underhand in getting us addicted. If you like a bit of science this video by Dr Lustig is dynamite!

[youtube=dBnniua6-oM&feature=kp]

Just bought this book for the recipes (although the authors picture on the front was the reason I picked it up)

Attachments

• IQS.png
    IQS.png
    84.4 KB · Views: 0
Cheshire Villan - 22/5/2014 13:04

The experts are now saying that a class of tap water and a good nights sleep is all you need to give you a boost. The body is more than capable of protecting itself against toxins so don't waste your money on pills and healthy smoothies or juices.

I'll drink to that!

Ah! It was a Daily Mail article now I look at it again - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2633211/Detox-diets-waste-time-money-All-need-glass-water-good-sleep.html

"The experts" :3:

Daily wail :21:

"They say that instead of subsisting on raw fruit and vegetables and shunning sugar and caffeine to cleanse the body of chemicals, all we need is a glass of water and a good night’s sleep"

So we can have loads of sugar and caffeine and all the body needs to deal with that is a glass of tap water and a few hours kip! So tap water now stops sugar from doing all of it's evils does it? I suppose it's one way to push fluoride intake up, experts my arse!

Although I agree that a lot of the detox stuff is indeed a load of cobblers, removing sugar and excess caffeine from your diet IS worthwhile and highly recommended as are the benefits of raw fruit and veg, well, by this expert anyway.

My body works far better on pure food. I start to eat processed stuff and my stomach goes, indigestion arrives and my sleep gets worse, plus I usually feel bloated and drained, my weight soars, etc.

Eat clean, eat well. I feel as good as I can taking Into consideration the brain doo dah.

Same crap as the protein gives you cancer this article.

Juan Mourep - 28/5/2014 16:46

Cheshire Villan - 28/5/2014 16:08

Sugar is now being identified as more dangerous than tobacco.

It's about time they caught up with the Vital Villa research department.

Lol.

Must try to find that post re sugar, think it is in the great weight loss thread.

We did have that thread on the TV shoe the men who made us fat... Plus the men who made us thin, but think that was part of a cull of threads over a year old. :21: