The Summer 2023 Transfer Thread | Page 185 | Vital Football

The Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

Not sure where to put this but just read in the Athletic, the boys are back in Training on the 10th of July, except JJ and Archer who are allowed extended leave.
So we need Monchi to get his finger out in the next 7 days
I don’t think we’ve ever been able to get all our business done before pre-season starts. And it’s not just us everyone is in the same situation.

I don't think Emery will be bothered about when he signs players and if they'll be here for pre season. He's probably quite willing to play long game if it means getting the right players in.

I don’t think we’ve ever been able to get all our business done before pre-season starts. And it’s not just us everyone is in the same situation.
Be nice to get them up to speed though, Torres will know what to expect from Unai but Youri is in for a shock

“has his work cut out”, what utter shite, if his form was so bad we wouldn’t be signing him. Amazing how the narrative is different for clubs like us vs the sky 6.

Had Spurs made this signing they would be wanking themselves raw.

I guess the idea is that he can't really be any good if he has signed for us. I think the media are in for a big surprise this season.

Speaking of media wank, I just saw (didn't watch) a video on YouTube about how Madison is a genius signing for Spurs. I guess the makers of that video didn't notice he only does it for 10 games a season.

I don't think Emery will be bothered about when he signs players and if they'll be here for pre season. He's probably quite willing to play long game if it means getting the right players in.

The transfer window is always the same. Nothing much happens for a long time and then everything happens in the last few days when clubs start panicking.

Be nice to get them up to speed though, Torres will know what to expect from Unai but Youri is in for a shock
I get where you’re coming from, but for various reasons it never happens. By the end of the month I’d think we’ll see at least another 2 or 3 come in and probably a couple more during August

I guess the idea is that he can't really be any good is he has signed for us. I think the media are in for a big surprise this season.

Speaking of media wank, I just saw (didn't watch) a video on YouTube about how Madison is a genius signing for Spurs. I guess the makers of that video didn't notice he only does it for 10 games a season.

You only need to see how they talk about Ange.

If he would have been our manager the narrative would have been 'can Ange cut it in the PL?' whereas now that Spurs have him he's Klopp and Pep combined into one.

You only need to see how they talk about Ange.

If he would have been our manager the narrative would have been 'can Ange cut it in the PL?' whereas now that Spurs have him he's Klopp and Pep combined into one.

I did notice that. Any manager coming to the PL from outside is normally treated with scepticism. Look at how they treated Unai at Arsenal. Why is Ange getting the red carpet?

I did notice that. Any manager coming to the PL from outside is normally treated with scepticism. Look at how they treated Unai at Arsenal. Why is Ange getting the red carpet?

Spurs bias, which incidentally is because of Harry Kane and the British presses love for him.

To be fair Ange got loads of shit when he joined Celtic. This time the media are probably just building him up so they can make it more sensational when they knock him down

I guess the idea is that he can't really be any good if he has signed for us. I think the media are in for a big surprise this season.

Had we signed Maddison I’m sure the focus would have been on his inconsistencies.

I see we're still being linked with centre backs.
Still putting us in a three way premiership fight with Tottenham and Newcastle for Laporte of Man City and then coming up with a new name in Ibanez of Roma.
I would have thought linking us with right backs, goalkeepers and forwards would be more productive.
Here's a way out of left field idea for goalkeeper, PSG's Italian number 1 Gianluca Donnarumma. Apparently PSG were willing to offer him in part exchange for Bernardo Silva but, then they do have another 4 keepers in their squad, which believe it or not, totals 42 now they have Navas back from his loan with Wolves.

I see we're still being linked with centre backs.
Still putting us in a three way premiership fight with Tottenham and Newcastle for Laporte of Man City and then coming up with a new name in Ibanez of Roma.
I would have thought linking us with right backs, goalkeepers and forwards would be more productive.
Here's a way out of left field idea for goalkeeper, PSG's Italian number 1 Gianluca Donnarumma. Apparently PSG were willing to offer him in part exchange for Bernardo Silva but, then they do have another 4 keepers in their squad, which believe it or not, totals 42 now they have Navas back from his loan with Wolves.
There’s left field and then there’s twilight zone, this recommendation is in the latter