The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 293 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spurs friend says he's been massively disappointing mostly plus he's on £200k a week. Depends how much of a pay cut he'd take and how much he wants to prove himself.

We need young and hungry, not infantile and greedy. Not for me Jeff

But ... does Levy pay players £200k a week? I thought he fed them peanuts, literally.

If Smith reckons this squad is going to propel us into the European places, then he's preparing himself for a very big fall.

My thinking is the owners are keeping back some funds in case Smith fails to get this team to perform. Then they can encourage a new manager to join by offering him a sizeable war chest.

Totally agree. Our net spend is approx....... nothing. All we've done in effect is spend the Snake 2 money.

I'm pretty sure DS is skating on thin ice.

Totally agree. Our net spend is approx....... nothing. All we've done in effect is spend the Snake 2 money.

I'm pretty sure DS is skating on thin ice.

I think the owners thought that Smith's friendship with greasy was the key to him staying. Now that hasn't happened I would imagine he won't get away with a run of results like those after Xmas last season. A bad start to this season will see him lucky to keep his job. At least any new manager will have sizeable funds to bring in who he wants in the January transfer window.

Have we got bored of the fake pogba rumours and moved on to fake Ndombele rumours now? Very amusing. You guys crack me up.

I think the owners thought that Smith's friendship with greasy was the key to him staying. Now that hasn't happened I would imagine he won't get away with a run of results like those after Xmas last season. A bad start to this season will see him lucky to keep his job. At least any new manager will have sizeable funds to bring in who he wants in the January transfer window.

Unless we're doing outrageously bad they arent going to make a change until the end of the season. I havent seen a single thing from our owners to suggest that they are happy on the trigger finger. We didnt even replace our DoF until the off-season.

Myth press conference saying we go with this squad. Till January anyway.
Minus the injuries of course. Expect Watkins and traore back around mid November
😬😬

One thing I'm really getting fed up of is people moaning about our Net Spend.

Like there's a direct correlation between spending money and winning matches. It all just sounds a bit childish tantrum fifa manager nonsense to me.

Have people forgotten the summer of 2015? Gueye, Veretout, Amavi, Gestede, Traore, Lescott, Ayew, Sinclair.

We spent a fortune by standards back then.... But we spent it on players who were just not up to the task and we finished rock bottom.

I have no doubt the money is there to be spent. Nas and Wes have given us no reason to doubt them on that score.

The thing I'm loving though is we're not just wasting it willy nilly to appease a few fans who think net spend is everything.

Smith probably has two or three targets in mind and if he doesn't get them he'll be patient and wait until he can or until he identifies someone else he feels is suitable.

We won't just buy for the sake of it and personally I love that.

too right net spend and wage bill have next to no influence on league position
(apart from for the top 4)

(and most of the rest)

but yeah

woot

Last edited:
One thing I'm really getting fed up of is people moaning about our Net Spend.

Like there's a direct correlation between spending money and winning matches. It all just sounds a bit childish tantrum fifa manager nonsense to me.

Have people forgotten the summer of 2015? Gueye, Veretout, Amavi, Gestede, Traore, Lescott, Ayew, Sinclair.

We spent a fortune by standards back then.... But we spent it on players who were just not up to the task and we finished rock bottom.

I have no doubt the money is there to be spent. Nas and Wes have given us no reason to doubt them on that score.

The thing I'm loving though is we're not just wasting it willy nilly to appease a few fans who think net spend is everything.

Smith probably has two or three targets in mind and if he doesn't get them he'll be patient and wait until he can or until he identifies someone else he feels is suitable.

We won't just buy for the sake of it and personally I love that.

Agree completely, but we really are lacking a leader in midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.