The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 247 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think after today's hysteria on the transfer front then to be blown away by the Ings news I will just view all transfer media as loud but insignificant BS and something I will learn to live with but not absorb .

Attracting quality players will be very difficult if Jack goes. People will see us now as a feeder club for the top 6. As fans we see the attraction of Villa but outsiders just see us a nothing club that has always sold it's best assets.
Yesterday seems so long ago now!

Im getting a Big Ron vibe here..... he sold Platt to Bari and built one of the best squads we've ever had with the money..... im hoping history is going to repeat itself
Or maybe Sir Ron vibe who sold Andy Gray to the Dingles and built THE best squad we have ever had with the money.
Peter Withe as a proven goal scorer was the curveball that none of us saw coming and look what happened with that.
We had a speedy winger with Morley and a midfield general with Mortimer. Two reliable centre backs in Evans and McNaught and a goalkeeper that we nicked from Arsenal.
The stars are all in alignment for a 40 year on repeat of the greatest moment in our history.
Just saying like.......

When Bellingham moves it will be to one of the Manchester clubs, Chelsea, PSG, Madrid or Barca... sorry we don't stand a chance of that one.

That's my thinking, potentially add that extra player who was originally out of our reach on original budget - but if Jack goes, we can try and bring them in whilst knowing it's £50m roughly off FFP at the same time.

Win, win if we want.

Or don't sign, look to Jan and if we don't sign in Jan, that's £100m of FFP for the 2 out of 3 year period full stop.

Which gives us (in short) a £100m bonus to next seasons budget regardless of what happens. Or we can 50/50 it between budget and FFP which would roughly give us a £50m bonus the season after and might zero us FFP wise etc etc.

Again - give or take, not accurate, my assumptions lol
FFS after reading that lot I need a lie down.

Status
Not open for further replies.