The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 202 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't write ESR off just yet. The Arse seem to be aiming to build up a significant number of midfielders if you listen to the gossip and they signed one from Anderlecht yesterday. The way it is looking is that they might be getting reinforcements ready for when ESR turns down their paltry contract offer and comes to join the Villa revolution.
Or he'll get spooked by moving down the food chain with all the midfield talent on show at Arsenal.
Come to us and you'll play.

I
I wouldn't write ESR off just yet. The Arse seem to be aiming to build up a significant number of midfielders if you listen to the gossip and they signed one from Anderlecht yesterday. The way it is looking is that they might be getting reinforcements ready for when ESR turns down their paltry contract offer and comes to join the Villa revolution.

Pogba is not coming to the Villa. However I know the bloke who sharpens the blades on the lawnmowers at Bodymoor and he has told me that Kevin de Bruyne is a big fan of Jacks and he has told Man City he wants to play in the same side and he wants to join Villa.

Pogba is not coming to the Villa. However I know the bloke who sharpens the blades on the lawnmowers at Bodymoor and he has told me that Kevin de Bruyne is a big fan of Jacks and he has told Man City he wants to play in the same side and he wants to join Villa.
That would make sense I suppose. Pep is also a fan so maybe he will come too as part of the coaching setup?

I haven't written him off yet but I sure don't know what to believe, Arsenal have an agenda to compete with the top 2 and playing kids won't get that or satisfy their Twitterati fans who demand high priced signings
And to add a little more fuel to the ESR to Villa rumour, "reportedly", James Maddison has agreed personal terms with the Arse, so that might reduce the opportunities for ESR in the future.

Source:
http://www.thehardtackle.com/news/2...nal-agree-personal-terms-with-james-maddison/

And to add a little more fuel to the ESR to Villa rumour, "reportedly", James Maddison has agreed personal terms with the Arse, so that might reduce the opportunities for ESR in the future.

Source:
http://www.thehardtackle.com/news/2...nal-agree-personal-terms-with-james-maddison/
If ESR comes here, where does he fit in? Is he a rotation player? I know the lad is talented but he's not necessarily going to walk in to a first team role. Added to that he's a Gooner, this is just Agent gossip to bump up his contract.

Still be nice to add him to the collection just to see the meltdown at the Emirates.

If ESR comes here, where does he fit in? Is he a rotation player? I know the lad is talented but he's not necessarily going to walk in to a first team role. Added to that he's a Gooner, this is just Agent gossip to bump up his contract.

Still be nice to add him to the collection just to see the meltdown at the Emirates.

I can see the logic. His ball carrying ability is similar to Jack (although not on his level) so it gives us tactical consistency if Jack is ever out.

They can also play together, with Jack and ESR at the 10/11. That front 4 with squad/developing players behind them is scary.

ESR isn't going to come to Villa to be a bit part player, he'll want guaranteed first team football which means someone else is going to be a bench warmer. I'm all for competition and a strong squad but we don't want to be the next Manc club or Chelski and just buy anyone who we want. We have always prided ourselves on bringing through from our own academy and young players need to see that there is a chance to force their way into the first team at Villa. Chucky, Barry, Bidace, Kesler and others will be starting to push our current crop of first teamers over the next 12 months or so. Some will go out on loan this season to get a real taste of first team football at League One or Championship level. There needs to be a balance between bringing in quality and promoting from our own ranks.

ESR isn't going to come to Villa to be a bit part player, he'll want guaranteed first team football which means someone else is going to be a bench warmer. I'm all for competition and a strong squad but we don't want to be the next Manc club or Chelski and just buy anyone who we want. We have always prided ourselves on bringing through from our own academy and young players need to see that there is a chance to force their way into the first team at Villa. Chucky, Barry, Bidace, Kesler and others will be starting to push our current crop of first teamers over the next 12 months or so. Some will go out on loan this season to get a real taste of first team football at League One or Championship level. There needs to be a balance between bringing in quality and promoting from our own ranks.
I'd normally agree with most of that, but...
He wouldn't be a bit-part player, we can't afford 35m bit-part players, he's turned Arsenals season around and like it or not they finished above us last season.
He's benched a few high calibre/price Arsenal stars an allegedly got the 10 shirt this season.
We have to have players better than we have and if Deano thinks he's better than Anwar Bert SJM Marv Dougie etc he's going to be ahead of those. We might not think so but we don't count and all of us struggle with the fact that 11th isn't where we want to be but we think we have a good team.

I'd like a top-quality CM to come in - JWP esque. However I think Smith loves McGinn and Luiz and he won't drop either. On top of that, it's been circulating he really wants to utilise Nakamba this season - which, if he can improve his composure, I'm all for. I thought he ended the season really well.

Had you of Watkins, Cash, Konsa or Martinez? I think Smith's record in the transfer market deserves a bit of faith. He's earnt it.
Yes I had, I'd seen all of them play, Martinez being the one I'd seen the least.

Not knocking the potential signing, I fully trust the recruitment team here and it would be nice to steal one of Arsenal's top prospects. But I can't say I'm massively excited simply because I don't really know what he offers at this stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.