The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 189 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
we need another proven striker , anything happend to Watkins its Davis or Wesley which isn't a good place to be. Is everything now hingeing on the Grealish situation ??

I agree 100%. I read something the other day claiming we'd been looking around at highly rated young strikers, not kids but probably under 25. According to the article don't see it as a top priority though as Smith apparently wants to give Wesley a crack.

Although I agree that a new striker isn't as important as a new attacking midfielder/winger I don't think its a good idea to go into the season with relying on just Watkins. We went into the first season back in the Premier league with Wesley who was new to the country, Davis who was injury prone and had never played in the top league and Kodjia who was unfortunately past it. Last season we basically just had Ollie and Davis. Thank god ollie seems near impervious to injury as we'd have been in serious trouble otherwise. To go into a third season at this level where we're looking to break into the European spots with Watkins backup being Wesley who is still not going to be 100% for a while and Davis as backup us stupid in my opinion.

Some great gossip about Barca. They need to cut €200m from their wage bill. They have signed Wijnaldum, Aguero and Depay on frees but they might not be able to register them unless they can do some serious offloading this summer. Basically, it's a fire sale at Barca, as long as you can afford to match the players astronomical wages.

Messi has gone. The ungrateful shite wouldn't budge on his wage demands of €100m per season. Barca tried to work all kinds of play now, pay later deals but Messi wouldn't have it. He's now fishing around to see if some other mugs will pay him.

Who would you want from their squad?

Some great gossip about Barca. They need to cut €200m from their wage bill. They have signed Wijnaldum, Aguero and Depay on frees but they might not be able to register them unless they can do some serious offloading this summer. Basically, it's a fire sale at Barca, as long as you can afford to match the players astronomical wages.

Messi has gone. The ungrateful shite wouldn't budge on his wage demands of €100m per season. Barca tried to work all kinds of play now, pay later deals but Messi wouldn't have it. He's now fishing around to see if some other mugs will pay him.

Messi.

Pedri and Ansu Fati would be great but no chance.

Pedri looks a special player to me, very much in the Iniesta mould.

I agree 100%. I. To go into a third season at this level where we're looking to break into the European spots with Watkins backup being Wesley who is still not going to be 100% for a while and Davis as backup us stupid in my opinion.

Downright dereliction of duty if he is getting even on the bench next season.

De Jong would be a quality signing but I’d guess he will be on far higher wages than anyone in our squad. Probably need to pay a sizeable transfer fee too

The problem is that he earns them so much money that they need to milk him as much as possible. Apparently he adds thousands to attendances both in the Nou Camp and at away grounds. They are in serious trouble when he leaves or retires whatever.

The problem is that he earns them so much money that they need to milk him as much as possible. Apparently he adds thousands to attendances both in the Nou Camp and at away grounds. They are in serious trouble when he leaves or retires whatever.

He has already left.

we need another proven striker , anything happend to Watkins its Davis or Wesley which isn't a good place to be. Is everything now hingeing on the Grealish situation ??
All reports say we're not signing a big name striker. Clubs don't sign expensive back up in case player X gets injured. Liverpool don't sign big money bench players in case Salah Mane etc get injured.

Smith willing to give Wesley a chance and would be much better with new players we have since he last played. Apparently Barry not going on loan and will get cup games etc. At worst Traore has 71 career games at centre forward for 38 goals 11 assists for 4 teams Chelsea, Vitesse, Ajax, Lyon
I think Traore would make a great stand in if Watkins got injured. The biggest benefit is he wouldn't have to track back.

Status
Not open for further replies.