The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 70 | Vital Football

The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread

Wasnt crazy on the McCarthy/Hendrick links, but I also wasnt crazy on the Glenn Whelan link previously, yet he changed my mind as a steady player who did his job quietly without fuss. They wouldn't be my first choice but I doubt de bruyne is available 😂

If the 5 sub rule stays in effect next season, I would imagine there is a need for a few squad players and that's what they'd be. If Jota and Lansbury were the backup answers, think id prefer McCarthy/ Hendrick instead!

Not sure I believe the links as we get linked with McCarthy every window. Although he isn't the most exciting signing I feel he would be an improvement on Marvelous to sit in front of the back 4

Not sure I believe the links as we get linked with McCarthy every window. Although he isn't the most exciting signing I feel he would be an improvement on Marvelous to sit in front of the back 4
Aha! Yes, we've been getting linked with this guy ever since the rumours about us getting Roberto Martinez as manager... Glad I'm not the only one who spotted this....

I wouldn't mind seeing an experienced CB come in but wouldnt class it is a top priority. And we then have a different problem that the only way Konsa and also Hause will improve is by playing - they need to play to develop. Axel would be in a similar position to those pair to me, so is probably a pointless signing
67 goals against, I would say a top keeper and top CB are a must, someone needs to tell Mings when to clear and when to fuck around, at the moment that’s not happening.

Be interesting to see when the transfer action starts, for all clubs, it is quite often a domino effect. If one spends some silly money, the rest will, if not, could be a tame window.

We really can't afford one of those!

Especially so soon after the last disaster in January.

Nope, agreed. Strange times to try to predict though. Will we see the big exit expected? Most transfer windows I'd say 100% yes. Right now though, anyones guess.

We really can't afford one of those!

Especially so soon after the last disaster in January.

Exactly.

It's no good saying we're waiting for other clubs to make the move then we'll join in. We need to make the move.

Some clubs are just looking for the odd one, we're looking for 3 or 4. Get them in, give them time to bed in and get use to our system.... if we have one of course.

67 goals against, I would say a top keeper and top CB are a must, someone needs to tell Mings when to clear and when to fuck around, at the moment that’s not happening.

I see what you are saying, I just think if we had better protection in front of the defence (solid defensive mid and 2 wingers who track back and help out) we would look far more solid. We get caught out far too often when teams get in behind our full backs.
Left Back is a bigger concern for me - Taylor is way past his best and there's still a lot of question marks over Targett.

I agree with the boss man and said it last week on this thread (I think).
It is quite possible that this will not be the window people want or expect due to the times we are living in .

I see what you are saying, I just think if we had better protection in front of the defence (solid defensive mid and 2 wingers who track back and help out) we would look far more solid. We get caught out far too often when teams get in behind our full backs.
Left Back is a bigger concern for me - Taylor is way past his best and there's still a lot of question marks over Targett.
Spot on. Douglas hitting form was as much to do with the improved defensive record after lockdown as the defence itself. Full backs are both very weak defensively, and we need wingers who can keep possession and play football as that would take a lot of pressure off the defence and midfield.

Spot on. Douglas hitting form was as much to do with the improved defensive record after lockdown as the defence itself. Full backs are both very weak defensively, and we need wingers who can keep possession and play football as that would take a lot of pressure off the defence and midfield.
Lone voice but Targett is a player but not as a full back, certainly with daydreamers like Trezeguet,Jota and Anwar as first line of defence. Thought Neil Taylor did well as back up but Premier league too quick for him.

Apparently e

Another youngster that was much sought after apparently. Someone is doing a great job persuading these lads to join us.
Yes agree, have we suddenly had new staff re the scouting and recruitment system or just more publicity being given.
Whatever its a welcome boost for the academy.

Nope, agreed. Strange times to try to predict though. Will we see the big exit expected? Most transfer windows I'd say 100% yes. Right now though, anyones guess.
I’d be more than surprised if Jack left without saying bye to the fans, or maybe I’m just an old romantic.