The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 281 | Vital Football

The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread

Average rating last season & MotM
Grealish 7.23 - MotM 4
Buendia 7.03 MotM 6

Goals & Assists
Grealish 8 goals 6 assists
Buendia 1 goal -7 assists

DEFENSIVE (Someone said he doesn't get back and defend.

Grealish Tackles 0.8 Intercept 0.6 Fouls 0.9 Clearance 0.3 Dribbled 0.6 Blocks 0.3
Buendia Tackles 2.3 Intercept 0.6 Fouls 1.0 Clearance 0.7 Dribbled 2.2 Blocks 0.1

Offensive
Grealish Pass 84.8% PG average 38 KeyPass 2.5 - Longball 2.3--Throughball 0.1
Buendia Pass 80% PG average 39 KeyPass 2.3 - Longball 2.5--Throughball 0.3

Grealish Dribbles 2.0 Fouled 4.6 Offside 0.1 Dispossessed 1.6 Bad control 1.9
Buendia Dribbles 2.8 Fouled 1.6 Offside 0.1 Dispossessed 2.2 Bad control 2.3

It's worth noting that was just on the Premiership with both players, the season before that they played the same amount of minutes in the Championship.
Grealish Goals 6 Assists 7
Buendia Goals 8 Assists 12
Grealish average match rating 7.42 KeyPass 2.3
Buendia average match rating 7.39 Keypass 2.4

I know we aren't linked to him but just check them stats out, He is proven in the Premiership and if Grealish is worth 80 and we can get this fella for 25m we've just committed daylight robbery.

Edit - This season Buendia played 800 minutes less than Grealish, 8 games less and 8 subs so that would explain a less contribution to goals and assists.

Last edited:
As said, i'd be very happy to have Buendia at VP. Just saying, he's (very) hot and (very, very) cold. Maybe the stats don't reflect that. Exciting player, but ..... Seen him play many a time, and that's what I base my opinion on.

And the main reason his lacking 800 minutes was because he was benched in the later stages of the season. I think. He don't like it uppem.

As said, i'd be very happy to have Buendia at VP. Just saying, he's (very) hot and (very, very) cold. Maybe the stats don't reflect that. Exciting player, but ..... Seen him play many a time, and that's what I base my opinion on.

I'm not disagreeing with you mate, But I really don't think we should care if he blows hot and cold, he still averages a match rating over 7 a game in the Premiership, that's an average of 7, cold would be 5 and hot would be 9 so if that's what we are looking at I'm delighted.

He also outmatches Grealish in defensive duties, We have to remember this is his second season in England, The first season in the Premiership, the season before his first season in England he outperformed Grealish all season.

Edit i'm going to repeat it because I'm amazed at how well he has adapted and he is only 23 years old, outperformed Grealish in his first season in England o_O First season in the Premiership.

https://www.footballcritic.com/feat...od-enough-for-liverpool-or-anywhere-else/1171

4th most created chances in the Premiership
2nd of the amount of through balls.

If anyone doesn't know him that article is pretty well written, I'm converted, Beo I take everything you say on board, and I know you said you'd have him too, but I just think we would be mad to miss him if we have money to spend.

Grealish Watkins Buendia you can see the goals coming.

I see we’re linked with making another bid for Martinez, I guess around £20M. At that price it seems he’ll be no1.

There seemed to be a general consensus we needed more PL experience after last season. After 10 years on the bench and 15 prem games at the end of the season, mainly without crowds, are we now going backwards in terms of Prem experience? Heatons only out the first 4 games.

We can’t have a bottomless pit of money to spend and desperately need more quality attacking players. I’m not convinced at all by this one.

Whilst I’m pleased with signing Watkins generally, I think there are always a few of the top Championship players that do well in the PL, the fee is ridiculous and reeks of desperation. Even before Covid times it’s too much. Why do we always seem to get mugged off?!

Nothing new Villan. My brother is still involved in the game at a decent level and he tells me that an 8 is a wing half and a 10 is an inside forward,more or less. Clear as mud.
Lampard and Gerrard were the quintessential number 8's. Central midfielder who plays in front of a holding midfielder (or two) - can be as a pair (see McGinn/Grealish during our championship season) or lone player playing more centrally....

Lampard and Gerrard were the quintessential number 8's. Central midfielder who plays in front of a holding midfielder (or two) - can be as a pair (see McGinn/Grealish during our championship season) or lone player playing more centrally....

In the good old days, number 4 was the right-half and number 6 the left-half. The inside right was number 8 and the inside left was number 10.

Whilst I’m pleased with signing Watkins generally, I think there are always a few of the top Championship players that do well in the PL, the fee is ridiculous and reeks of desperation. Even before Covid times it’s too much. Why do we always seem to get mugged off?!
Webster CB went to Brighton last season 22 million. Maddison similar price 2 seasons. Maddison now valued +50 million. You need to get over it. Loads of non Villa football heads saying Watkins looks future England prospect. I'm happy he's ours and so should you.

As it stands we're 5 days from our first competitive game and it looks like we'll be starting with one of El Ghazi or Trezequet (possibly both) in our front 3.

This is unacceptable.

Well not against Burton it won't be , but generally I agree , we need better in that position.

I tell you what reeks of desperation Newcastle Leeds and Everton, others say it's ambition

I slagged off Trez all season but he got us to cup final and scored goals to keep us up. We will make more signings I'm sure but credit where credit is due

Oh yes definitely. In the same way I'll always love Gabby for his goals against Blues and West Brom.

But going forward if we want to improve then neither he or Ghazi are the answer, I think that's fairly obvious.