The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 244 | Vital Football

The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread

Not sure what this means cos as you say no one knows what’s occurring behind the scenes, I was never happy with him coming here Anyhow (personal opinion) if there’s deeper motives in play, not just him not fancying the Villa that could be a concern, but will we ever know.
Stories he's on 100k a week at Bournemouth and I can imagine he's chosen Newcastle as he wouldn't live it down signing for Villa that's how pathetic Coventry people are. I'm really not fussed on him.

I’m obviously biased but Wilson is mad if he’s choosing them over us. Look at our owners compared to their cockney mafia idiot, the potential currently is massively in our favour. Newcastle have always seemed to hit a fairly low ceiling in history compared to us, as much as our ceiling in recent history has been a pretty small bungalow to be fair.

But at 28, simply looking at it thinking Newcastle might be slightly shorter odds than us for the drop is very short sighted. Far more chance of us reaching cup finals or Europe before them.
Or at 28, knowing that he's not likely to ever win anything, he's opted for the club that can pay him the highest wage.

Stories he's on 100k a week at Bournemouth and I can imagine he's chosen Newcastle as he wouldn't live it down signing for Villa that's how pathetic Coventry people are. I'm really not fussed on him.

Yep born in that dump and played for them, they really are that pathetic.

Pmsl.

Sky sports news piece just on.
Hyping it up ..

This is what Newcastle will be getting...cut to graphic...

Season 19/20

Wilson - 8 goals
Joelinton/someone else who I can't remember- 6 goals between them.

Wow. They must be thrilled .:lol:

I'm not in the slightest bit worried that we don't get the targets that the media has chosen to put on the rumour-mill for us, last season we were linked with about 50 different players and I think the only correct rumour was for Tom Heaton, the remaining 12 signings were all unexpected. This club don't leak information and they don't comment on rumours. I am getting pretty concerned that we've only captured 1 of our targets so far, whomever they might be, it's naive to think that we don't need at least 2 more players.

I'm not in the slightest bit worried that we don't get the targets that the media has chosen to put on the rumour-mill for us, last season we were linked with about 50 different players and I think the only correct rumour was for Tom Heaton, the remaining 12 signings were all unexpected. This club don't leak information and they don't comment on rumours. I am getting pretty concerned that we've only captured 1 of our targets so far, whomever they might be, it's naive to think that we don't need at least 2 more players.
Wouldn't it be brilliant to unveil a totally different striker, never linked before, tomorrow and flick the bird at Sky :Fingers:

Sturridge on a free would be my pick atm. I think he will work well with Grealish, understands the Prem, proven at top level and will push/help Wesley develop over the course of the season. It's a low risk signing as well. Last season before he was banned he still managed a quite impressive 4 goals in 11 appearances.

"The striker has been out of football since leaving Turkish side Trabzonspor after being handed a four-month ban for breaching gambling regulations.

Sturridge joined Trabzonspor after leaving Liverpool in 2019 and made 11 appearances, scoring four goals".

https://tbrfootball.com/with-daniel-sturridge-wanting-pl-return-should-aston-villa-take-a-gamble/

Wouldn't it be brilliant to unveil a totally different striker, never linked before, tomorrow and flick the bird at Sky :Fingers:

We did do that last season to be fair. Not one media link to Wesley till the moment Bruges announced he'd agreed to join us. Wouldn't shock me at all if we had something similar happen this window. Especially as we're apparently trying to be as tight lipped as possible.

just switch any team that are daft enough to pay the wage thief in that piece.
4 in 11 in turkey isn't 'impressive'
how about 2 in 18 or 3 in 20 with the dippers ?

One good season 7 years ago