The Steve Gibson Wibble Thread | Vital Football

The Steve Gibson Wibble Thread

Its amazing what a score line of Aston Villa 6-0 Middlesborough can do for your sanity.

Well it is ridiculous. Final accounts for the assessments went in for March. Wednesday are already under a tacit embargo according to their owner. Villa we have no idea if we've breached. Derby will have the ground deal assessed under the 'linked' terms and whether or not it's classes as market value for the arrangement.

And the EFL have just hammered QPR under the old rules, and Birmingham under the new.

Powers given to them by EFL member clubs, so short of distracting from the dinosaur blowing their chance whilst all three clubs named - 2 are better set for Play-Offs and by a miracle Wednesday might run it close, I want what he's on.

Guys, I'd keep quiet about it as Wyness and Xia said similar things about the Dogheads last year........:ninja:

Reactions: wal
A few of my mates I used to work with are big boro fans. There all saying the same thing.
Boro fans are wanting him out. Rumour is that he's running out of money to fund the club buying new players.
Just sounds like sour grapes to me. The club has hit a bad patch and he's playing dirty to get other clubs out of the running for promotion.

No, in fairness last season we were one of the clubs to ask for a deeper investigation into Mendes' involvement as a linked 3rd party.

The EFL thusly investigated because of the concern and the unique nature of the arrangement.

In this case, the EFL are already investigating so Gibson has opened his mouth for other reasons.

The timing of Gibson’s challenge suggests there is straw clutching exercise going on.

I must admit that I would like a better understanding of FFP and still wrestle with the logic behind how we paid so much, notably, for McCormack and Hogan with diddly squat in return. That said, Mr Purslow seems confident and we have sufficiently reined in our spending and more will no doubt be planned if we stay in the second tier.

If Gibson has sacrificed so much more than the rest of us, does that not beg the question of whether he has acted too prematurely?

I actually like Gibson, a fan. Put his money where his mouth was and Boro's success (relative) will never be repeated I feel.

But his problem, much like RL has been in successive bad choices in manager selection, changes and never actually establishing an ethos as they lurched.

Pulis for God sake lol

He's let his own frustration get the better of him here because of their form, but maybe credit where it's due, he averted the headlines focusing on them and they are back on a winning run now.

True. Gibson has been one of the better chairman and tends to back his managers, even if they often fail to earn it.

Boro could well scrape sixth, although Bristol City probably deserved it.

Agree 100%.

He's played a good game here given how their form has turned lately again, even if it's uncouth in my humble.

But again credit where due, he's always seemed in the game moreso for the right reasons than the riches and I have to like that.

Whatever, so long as it materially doesn't affect the club can't see there's a problem. If this is what's needed to met FFP so be it. I would hope though that if the stadium has been moved over, then with the PL money coming in it'll get moved back.

Not convinced that is what's happening though. Purslow's been pretty definite that FFP isn't a problem.

Yup my guess is still it was the big red button response if needed, I'm not so sure it'll go through now even if the structure is there. Save it for a rainy day unless we feel the Prem/EFL will make that move against the rules, then we double down quickly for the benefit.

Nothing to worry about then, click bait articles are saying EPL clubs want points deduction.