The Science and Technology Thread | Page 31 | Vital Football

The Science and Technology Thread

Universe now estimated to be 27 billion years old. You would have thought if God had 27 billion years to perfect his skills he would have done a better job at creating us.

At this point I would question if God has any skills at all.

Google says people should use its search engine to check whether information provided by its chatbot, Bard, is actually accurate.
But users have found the information they provide can be wrong or even entirely made up.
Google's UK boss Debbie Weinstein said Bard was "not really the place that you go to search for specific information".

Debbie, dear Debbie.....shut it fucking down then you overpaid useless ****.

I remember us talking about this months ago. It seems it wasn't a fluke.

Scientists have achieved a net energy gain in nuclear fusion for the second time, marking major progress towards realising the potential of the near-limitless energy source.

Cool, eh? It's probably going to be a long time before we see fusion electricity generation on a large scale but it would solve a lot of problems.

Cool, eh? It's probably going to be a long time before we see fusion electricity generation on a large scale but it would solve a lot of problems.

Yup, still a good few years off yet I'd imagine, but after decades of research, it really can't have been much more than a year ago (maybe two tops?) they managed the first successful test and they've already increased the output on the second test, so things should begin snowballing quite nicely in terms of progress now.

Scientists near Chicago say they may be getting closer to discovering the existence of a new force of nature.
They have found more evidence that sub-atomic particles, called muons, are not behaving in the way predicted by the current theory of sub-atomic physics.

Scientists near Chicago say they may be getting closer to discovering the existence of a new force of nature.
They have found more evidence that sub-atomic particles, called muons, are not behaving in the way predicted by the current theory of sub-atomic physics.
All very interesting, but it would be nice to know if this would have any practical implications whatsoever for our world.

First time I've heard you speechless 😧

lol happens often in fairness, so I usually stick to stuff I know or have a reasonable opinion on.

If this is proven I could well imagine there would be transport span offs, possible medical implications but I wouldn't let myself think further than that as it's just a total unknown.

I just find this stuff fascinating though - understanding it, is a totally different thing lol

St Elmo's from the US, think the most appropriate thread.

It's the post at 23:57.

Can watch it unless the power goes.

Ft. Myers Cam

Clearwater Cam