The Ross Barkley Thread | Page 14 | Vital Football

The Ross Barkley Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
His value is only going to go up and up if he continues this kind of form, so even if he does fall in love with the club ala Tyrone Mings, we're going to end up paying way over the odds to keep him ala Tyrone Mings....

Did we learn anything from the Mings scenario and put some kind of future fee into the loan?

If not I'd imagine we're already looking north of £60 million to keep him.

If Lampard goes by the end of the season I’d expect the new manager to want Barkley back so that he could at least have a look at him before agreeing to sell him to us.
If he keeps this form up I can’t see us keeping him unless he really makes a big deal out of wanting to stay.
If we keep winning and he gets an England call up, why on earth would he want to leave us. If he goes back to Chelsea, he's got the same uphill struggle to prove he's worth a place against multi-million pound new signings and all the wonder kids coming through the system. Tammy will regret not leaving, he needs football, he needs football in a team that loves and values him.

If he helps us win the league and they want 150m for him.....pay it.
We are Villa - we buy who we want.

His value is only going to go up and up if he continues this kind of form, so even if he does fall in love with the club ala Tyrone Mings, we're going to end up paying way over the odds to keep him ala Tyrone Mings....

Did we learn anything from the Mings scenario and put some kind of future fee into the loan?

If not I'd imagine we're already looking north of £60 million to keep him.

I said the same and got laughed at, at the time, it's quite easy to see how he'll be worth 40+ mil if he keeps this up

Maybe there is an agreed fee but they aren't admitting to it, or maybe we tried to get one but it wasnt possible. I dont think it would have been worth missing out on Barkley for the season just because his value might go up.
He's still got loads of competition for places if he went back to Chelsea and they aren't ditching Havertz after splashing out £85m on him

Maybe there is an agreed fee but they aren't admitting to it, or maybe we tried to get one but it wasnt possible. I dont think it would have been worth missing out on Barkley for the season just because his value might go up.
He's still got loads of competition for places if he went back to Chelsea and they aren't ditching Havertz after splashing out £85m on him

I said at the time when you've got a player like him you need to take him even if it's just a loan, when many were against any loan deal no matter how good they are.

We just have to suck it up and be big boys about it, Thank Ross and Chelsea for propelling our club forward and able to attract better players in the future.

I wouldn't put it past us to spend 40m on one player for that number 10 position, but hopefully Chelsea won't price us out.

I’m just going to enjoy him for the season, keep everything crossed he isn’t recalled in January so we need Chelsea to do OK at least, anything else in the future is a bonus. I find it keeps it less stressful as a fan. A bit like Mings - which worked out, and Tammy - which didn’t.

Would love to see us sign him for big money though.

Probably the biggest danger to losing Barkley is Frank getting capped and another manager taking a different view of things.

We've a decent chance of them doubling their money and letting us have him for c£40m IMO - maybe even less the loan fee etc.

Ultimately, what Barkley wants to do will dictate much of it - if he's dead-set on staying at Villa then Chelsea won't want to keep him against his wishes as it would be pointless for them.

When will these players learn.
Barkley get his big move becomes a bit part player. Loses his England spot . Just becomes another expensive Delph, Rodwell etc etc etc .
Bit part nobodies.

In 2 games he becomes one of the main men, one of first names on the team sheet. A big fish again.

Surely what he has now is better.

If he goes back he will regress again.

Chelsea have so many attacking players and with Lampard favouring Loftus Cheek for the future perhaps they will just cash in because they have so many options.
It's most likely going to be the outcome, I just hope he can stay fit, a little worrying he's getting slightly injured in training and then only 50/50 for the game, Although Hourihane now knows what it takes to get his position back if he gets that chance.

It might, of course, be the case (I have no idea so don't read between the lines, there is no itk here!) that we wanted the loan to make sure he can stay fit and then buy.

Realistically there's nothing to worry about. If we have a fantastic season, we can pay a realistic price for Barkley (30m or so) or we can turn our attentions to Deli Alli, Maddison, or someone else who would cost that bit more and be that bit better than Barkley. If we have a crap season, we will probably want to replace him anyway.

Realistically there's nothing to worry about. If we have a fantastic season, we can pay a realistic price for Barkley (30m or so) or we can turn our attentions to Deli Alli, Maddison, or someone else who would cost that bit more and be that bit better than Barkley. If we have a crap season, we will probably want to replace him anyway.
If Barkley plays like this until Christmas it has to be the number 1 priority in January to sort out a permanent deal. Chelsea will ask for over the odds, they always do as hoarding players to loan out and sell on is their business model so will be difficult to sort out IMO. If we can get him for around £30m then sign him up as soon as possible

This is quite different to the Tammy situation I feel. Tammy very young, wanted to prove himself and had time to do it. Barkley tried that and saw his managers favouring foreign players. Success here, and as long as it’s combined with plenty of money, he’ll want to stay. Particularly if he is knocking on England’s door. Frank may want him back but nobody wants a player who wants to be elsewhere.
Reverse thinking may be true with Ross if Villa do well. He may well be thinking that he’s got to do well here to get the manager to want him permanently and get the owners backing to buy him.

Status
Not open for further replies.