The replacement... | Page 2 | Vital Football

The replacement...

I dpon't know Nigel Pearson is a bit of a ball buster. He comes across as mild mannered but I bet he can explode.

I think we would go for someone who is employed. I hear people saying RDM and he is probably best of the bunch out of work but again he is a nice bloke and like hugh? I just don't want Holloway or Pulis.

I wouldn't be unhappy with RDM

CH sacked or moved sideways.
Ruddy signing a 4 year contract suggest that much of the dressing room remains behind the manager.
4 of our last five games have been against teams that will finish in the top 6 this season.
The gap is clearly widening and is one I doubt we will ever traverse. At the other end we remain just three points shy of mid table.
A few people are pointing at Southampton as an example we should follow. Hmmm ok. But look at how nobodies choice Ian Holloway led Blackpool towards the top of the division a few seasons back. Teams caught on to their style. Note the saints are one of our scalps so far.
Replacements for the hot seat are few and far between. I fear change for changes sake. Would have been different had Lambert stayed? I doubt it! Villa remain just ahead of us in the league.
It remains that any 3 from 14 could occupy the bottom three places. It's hard for us though in that we play all the top sides at the end of the season.

I think we could get 7 points from our next 3 games. If we do it will be crisis over and no one will be talking about sacking CH

*hides behind something large and solid*

The only way we will win 2 of the next 3 is for a new manager to give the players and the fans belief , get RVW and Hooper playing up front together and playing an attacking game .

We wll know Hugh will never change and his time is up .He has lost the belief of the players and fans

Last week we got absolutely destroyed. Twice. We played badly against great opposition and they tore us apart. No denying that. We should do better. But we weren't playing Colchester. Man City are a side that can pound United 4-1.

Let's rewind. Against Cardiff we should have won. Another day, 3 of those shots would have gone in and it would've been a great result. Against Stoke, MOTD were saying how professional we looked.

I feel that our football has been good in several games this season and if we can get 3 points against West Ham team-confidence will be done a world of good.

We haven't managed to scalp any of the top 6 sides, and because we haven't played well against them some results have been drubbings. But I believe we are capable of turning things around under this manager and it can begin this coming weekend.

So, once again, if we get 6/7 points in the next three games - against not world-class opposition - we'll be mid-table and could look at November and December aiming to have a nice run.

Sticking my neck out, but that's how I feel. (Even though I was at the City game)

Saturday we will see a manager who will make changes from reading the game, it won't be ours and hopefully any changes that are made won't ruin our Saturday evening.

OTBC!

94away - 4/11/2013 16:15

I think we could get 7 points from our next 3 games. If we do it will be crisis over and no one will be talking about sacking CH

*hides behind something large and solid*

That cheered me up :lol:

Got any more jokes? :yes:

Only joking mate, but seriously? I just can not see that happening, but it's an opinion and you're welcome to it as they say.

Nobody has mentioned the elephant in the room. That heavy defeat looked suspiciously like player management. I may be very very wrong but it could be a 'let's get a new manager' move.

what about this one !
just seen on one of the betting sites
20 to 1 marcelo bielsa former argentina,chile and bilbao coach
quite eccentric and obsessive apparently
but more to the point touted by pep guardiola as the best coach in the world !

@Northern: Clearly I'm being my optimistic self ;) But equally, if we do beat WH 2-1 things will already be looking up. If we lose badly, i.e. in a manner which the players show they're aren't willing to get stuck in, then it'll be time for a change.

@Rex: Seems at odds with Martin's statements on the radio. What we need is him or Bassong to come out now and say "We're going to show everyone what we're really about against West Ham" - show the fans they do care
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24803858

suffolkcanary - 4/11/2013 19:13

what about this one !
just seen on one of the betting sites
20 to 1 marcelo bielsa former argentina,chile and bilbao coach
quite eccentric and obsessive apparently
but more to the point touted by pep guardiola as the best coach in the world !

Let's put a mad man in charge!! He can't do any worse damage.

i wonder if mutiny was afoot [well 22 feet !] on saturday
it would explain alot,the next few days will reveal all
:hell: