The Referee this Saturday....is...(DRUMROLL) | Vital Football

The Referee this Saturday....is...(DRUMROLL)

Ben Toner was removed from Blackpool's League One match against Portsmouth in 2017, days after the Lancashire side's owners, the Oystons, were found to have operated an “illegitimate stripping” of the club.

Don’t think so... has only done Rochdale away for us this season... don’t remember him so can’t think he’s that bad.

:chill:
Oh Christ. Isn't he one of the really hopeless ones?

Yes Notty. Allowed himself to be overruled by his assistant to award York City a penalty, which meant they went to Wembley in the FA Trophy. Toner was a few yards away and had a clear view and didn't give it. The Lino was miles away, didn't have a clear view and gave it.

Ben Toner was removed from Blackpool's League One match against Portsmouth in 2017, days after the Lancashire side's owners, the Oystons, were found to have operated an “illegitimate stripping” of the club.

That is true by the way, for anyone who thinks it must be a joke.

Don’t think so... has only done Rochdale away for us this season... don’t remember him so can’t think he’s that bad.

I was at that match, he was useless, p****d off both sets of supporters and management, carefully prevented any flow to make a bad match worse.

And here was I thinking the EFL would appoint better quality for play-offs. Presumably the decent ones have scarpered off on holiday and he's the only one left?

We'll get Stocksbridge for the 2nd leg at this rate...

I was at that match, he was useless, p****d off both sets of supporters and management, carefully prevented any flow to make a bad match worse.

And here was I thinking the EFL would appoint better quality for play-offs. Presumably the decent ones have scarpered off on holiday and he's the only one left?

We'll get Stocksbridge for the 2nd leg at this rate...

Darren England for the second leg.

As incompetent as Toner may be he is just as likely to give a poor decision against Exeter. Swings and roundabouts.

But yes, that was how 'Dale went, hopefully his incompetence will balance out in our favour after that trophy game last season

Come on folks: Ben Toner v Bent Owner