The Rasslin Thread | Page 7 | Vital Football

The Rasslin Thread

Hi Fen,

Long time no wrestle talk.

I watched all of takeover but skipped through most of money in the bank, which tells it's own story doesn't it!

I was surprised at how good the undisputed era vs Lorcan and Burch was, I thought it was great actually! Ciampa and Gargano are just gold, I was DIY fan before this feud kicked off too.

Velveteen has something that is missing in 90% of today's stars...character. Not just a one off meaningless catchphrase, but a real character. I was eating his Hogan schtick right up.

Do you watch being the elite? I am such a mark for that crew these days, love the bucks. Omega vs Okada at dominion was the best match I've ever seen. Contrast that fooker to Roman vs Jinder.

Big props to Ronda, she has picked the business up so quickly even though she can't cut a promo.

Back to character, who is Ricochet? Because for me he is just a flippy guy, not trying to be a smart mark either!

I'll finish with something controversial...I actually think that nikki cross is hot. Weird I know but there you go.

Lorcan is gold mate! Undisputed era are stacked with Cole and now EC3, star power right now. In fact the whole NXT roster is stack and seriously from top to bottom in terms of what I enjoy in wrestling, it's the best product out there at the moment (just edging NJPW fyi). I don't want any of these guys to be called up and to have to suffer the bullshit of being ruined by piss poor booking, out of touch VKM and awful storytelling.

Dream is a modern day Rock IMO, in that he is green as goose shit but he frigging well has "it" out the wazoo. Kid is destined for greatness. He is everything they are looking for but probably dont realise they need on the main roster, He is athletic, charismatic, can work and damn the kid can work a good character. Watch this space.. Surely they cannot fuck him up.. surely?

Nuff said about Johnny Wrestling and Ciampa right now, this is arguably the most compelling story in the biz right now.

I don't even need to mention Okada and Kenny, those guys go without saying. I havn't caught the match yet (I am a planning a sesh this weekend). But I do not doubt (based on previous work) they will continue to raise the bar.

Rhonda is made for this (a female Kurt Angle?). I think she can work as a top player without cutting a promo (ala Brock) since she can come across easily (and does) as a legit badass. I think though, she is in the main event mix and it's too soon from a story point of view.

Ricochet is an indy darling and was also Prince Puma in Lucha Underground. The kid is one the most athletic guys I think I have ever seen but the flippy shit is beyond the pale. If he can inject some psychology into his stuff, he has the makings of a fan fav. You should see his matches against Will Osprey. You can literally hear my eyes rolling from miles away. It's a gymnastics contest with little to no selling, telegraphed to fook and had me bashing my head against my desk. Shame really, since both are incredibly talented.

RE: Nikki Cross, I was thinking the exact same thing! I properly have a thing for her, she is gorgeous. Her and Becky Lynch are my slightly weird old man crushes. Becky is made to be a babyface underdog superstar and they seem to miss this. She has an adorable personality, is gorgeous, can work and can cut a pretty decent babyface promo.

Have you seen the NXT UK stuff? They are taping the main UK show (I have seen spoilers boo!) but they have announced an NXT UK brand as well. Exciting stuff.

What do you think to VKM blocking ROH from doing the garden?

And damnit! Vader passed away! :(

I knew it was coming but its a sad day. One of the most athletic big men ever. That's put me in a bit of a sad mood this evening :(

Im in

Hopefully the Master FeNris will take his battered sausage out of a brainbuster and gets this dumbo cun*BS to 8

Skip? You still with me over there?

Big things be happening Tonight..

Takeover was frikkin special and got a good feeling about Tonight.

Lets rescue this one from the freezer...

Wow chaps, just total wow stuff

We'll let this one thaw for the next 24 hours and then focus all efforts on reaching double figures

Thanks for saving this one from the freezer chaps...

It's been the hottest month in wrestling for probably the last decade.. Enough the thaw the nip on I've been rocking since this one got plunged into the Fawaz fridge.

Skip? You still around chappo? What do you think to the CM Punk return?

Thanks for saving this one from the freezer chaps...

It's been the hottest month in wrestling for probably the last decade.. Enough the thaw the nip on I've been rocking since this one got plunged into the Fawaz fridge.

Skip? You still around chappo? What do you think to the CM Punk return?

Ffs @Skip_4 answer the man