The Rafa Benitez Thread | Page 51 | Vital Football

The Rafa Benitez Thread

While we can reminisce about Keegan and his enthusiasm what needs to be remembered is he was 41 when he came as manager. He's 71 in a months time. He doesn't do pep talks now.

While we can reminisce about Keegan and his enthusiasm what needs to be remembered is he was 41 when he came as manager. He's 71 in a months time. He doesn't do pep talks now.

Roy Hodgson was managing in the Prem last season at 73. Sir Bobby was 71 when given the sack here and would have carried on in football barring cancer. Alex Ferguson retired at 72 and Keegan would appear to be in better physical condition than him .

And it showed keggy. Sir Bobby was having a hard time (putting it mildly) with some players. How quickly it's forgotten about the parties every time we played in London. Fergie was not at his cutting best at 72 and Hodgson cut a forlorn figure on the touchline at times last season. Younger managers must be encouraged

And it showed keggy. Sir Bobby was having a hard time (putting it mildly) with some players. How quickly it's forgotten about the parties every time we played in London. Fergie was not at his cutting best at 72 and Hodgson cut a forlorn figure on the touchline at times last season. Younger managers must be encouraged

It's an absolutely fair point but equally there's something to be said for age and experience.

It's going to be interesting seeing where it goes. Would be good to have keegan invloved
Suddenly I can't get that soundtrack from MASH out my head.

Suicide is painless
It brings on many changes
And I can take or leave it if I please
da da da da da da da.....
I hasten to add Pie that I'm with you on this in that I don't want Rafa back. He's not the answer

That is a good point keggy. I agree totally with your reply. My memory goes back to when Keegan first became manager and he got us into the Premiership. Players from abroad knew Keegan, 'Mighty Mouse' as he was known, and his reputation as a player helped enormously to attract players who otherwise would have given us a wide berth. Gems like him are few and far between.

It's going to be interesting seeing where it goes. Would be good to have keegan invloved

I hasten to add Pie that I'm with you on this in that I don't want Rafa back. He's not the answer
Aye I know :grinning:
Just having a bit crack myself mate, best medicine to take as a means to get over Watfords late equaliser as far as I'm concerned.

Benitez as DOF does ring true though, urgh headaches back......

Aye I know :grinning:
Just having a bit crack myself mate, best medicine to take as a means to get over Watfords late equaliser as far as I'm concerned.

Benitez as DOF does ring true though, urgh headaches back......
Aye it is rather depressing at times. But not as depressing as Ashley still being there and look forward to the future. If that's a season in the championship so be it.