The Presidents Club - n/a Gills | Page 5 | Vital Football

The Presidents Club - n/a Gills

nibbles - 27/1/2018 14:11

I just find it hilarious that one of the following two people exist:

A) the boss who makes a point of showing the women in his company messages on a football message board in response to something he didn?t mean and seeking their views*. :19:

B) some idiot who lies about the above

*whatever it takes to end the conversation ASAP. Brentesque

Why shouldn't I not show them?

All of them bar a couple have been to Priestfield and a few away matches - It seems women understand more than men and maybe we are to quick to defend ourselves.

Equality for women is always a good thing many now have to work many more years before retirement.

"I think the dating/flirting question and the original post are a millions mile apart"

You're probably right, I maybe didn't explain very well. I was trying to differentiate between someone who is basically trying to chat a girl up and someone who offers thousands of pounds for sex at one of these events.
Both men are looking for the same thing but one is demeaning the woman by inferring she would do it for money
The dating analogy was to get over the fact that the whole interaction between men and women has become a minefield because what would once have been seen as flirting and flattery, could now be seen as pestering and being creepy
In fact, I'm sure I read somewhere that in France, it is now an offence to pay a stranger a compliment based purely on their appearance. Can you imagine getting nicked for sitting next to a woman in a bar and telling her she is beautiful/has lovely eyes/looks lovely in her dress? At this rate, the human race will cease to pro create as everyone will be scared to talk to anyone.

Nobby_66 - 27/1/2018 15:49

"I think the dating/flirting question and the original post are a millions mile apart"

In fact, I'm sure I read somewhere that in France, it is now an offence to pay a stranger a compliment based purely on their appearance. Can you imagine getting nicked for sitting next to a woman in a bar and telling her she is beautiful/has lovely eyes/looks lovely in her dress? At this rate, the human race will cease to pro create as everyone will be scared to talk to anyone.

Agree Nobby

If someone tells my wife she looks good in a dress she is over the moon and I think most women of any age like a compliment.

DurhamGills - 27/1/2018 15:21

nibbles - 27/1/2018 14:11

I just find it hilarious that one of the following two people exist:

A) the boss who makes a point of showing the women in his company messages on a football message board in response to something he didn?t mean and seeking their views*. :19:

B) some idiot who lies about the above

*whatever it takes to end the conversation ASAP. Brentesque

Why shouldn't I not show them?

All of them bar a couple have been to Priestfield and a few away matches - It seems women understand more than men and maybe we are to quick to defend ourselves.

Equality for women is always a good thing many now have to work many more years before retirement.

Did you sit them all down together and do a PowerPoint presentation with posts from this message board or did you take them all aside one at a time?

DurhamGills - 27/1/2018 16:04

Nobby_66 - 27/1/2018 15:49

Agree Nobby

If someone tells my wife she looks good in a dress she is over the moon and I think most women of any age like a compliment.

Quite right Durham, Mrs N loves a compliment and, if I'm honest, when she gets them it makes me feel pretty good too!

[/QUOTE]

Did you sit them all down together and do a PowerPoint presentation with posts from this message board or did you take them all aside one at a time?[/QUOTE]

No need - we have a team lunch once a month (which has been held at Priestfield on a few occasions) and we can just pass around a tablet or laptop, it was interesting hearing the views of women of different ages and backgrounds.

Women are much better at debating than men are and very quickly agree or agree to disagree and move on.

DurhamGills - 27/1/2018 21:19

Did you sit them all down together and do a PowerPoint presentation with posts from this message board or did you take them all aside one at a time?[/QUOTE]

No need - we have a team lunch once a month (which has been held at Priestfield on a few occasions) and we can just pass around a tablet or laptop, it was interesting hearing the views of women of different ages and backgrounds.

Women are much better at debating than men are and very quickly agree or agree to disagree and move on.[/QUOTE]

Marvellous. I?m pleased that that really did happen. I had my doubts for a while but it no longer sounds like it?s completely made up.