The Presidents Club - n/a Gills | Vital Football

The Presidents Club - n/a Gills

DurhamGills

Vital Squad Member
It will probably upset someone BUT to me the world has gone made and the journalist should be ashamed of making a mountain out of a nipple - have attended a few of these and the hostess know very well what will happen but only in fun, hence what they wear.

No winners here only losers

The rich and the powerful think they can take advantage of younger women because "its only fun" and you think its OK ?

"the hostess know very well what will happen" that doesn't make it right though does it. That is kind of up there with women shouldn't go out in skimpy clothes attitude.

Society seems to moving on but not everyone and not everywhere.

Isn't it strange that you never see rich and successful groups of women with young male hosts asked to dress in a certain way. I wonder why.

markinkent - 24/1/2018 18:16

The rich and the powerful think they can take advantage of younger women because "its only fun" and you think its OK ?

"the hostess know very well what will happen" that doesn't make it right though does it. That is kind of up there with women shouldn't go out in skimpy clothes attitude.

Society seems to moving on but not everyone and not everywhere.

Isn't it strange that you never see rich and successful groups of women with young male hosts asked to dress in a certain way. I wonder why.

No hostess are forced to attend and many go back every year, they are "asked" not forced to adhere to a dress code a part of the contract of employment, they are there by choice the same as girls in lap dancing clubs etc.

I thought society was all about choice and free will

Believe me rich women are worse than men by a country mile.

No idea whether or not these type of events are typically hosted by rich and successful women, but I'm reliably informed that "Butler in the Buff" parties are becoming more common.

As a father of young daughter who will no doubt be looking for the odd job to cover her university costs we'll have to agree to disagree. I am sure lots of people who need money do things not because they want to but because they need the money.

We are all responsible for our actions and hopefully I will never be tempted to put my hands where they aren't really welcomed just because I paid good money to be at a function and have had more brandy than is good for me.

Not the first time we will disagree Durham and almost certainly not the last.

Are you serious, Durham? "They are only asked to wear..."!!!!...and if they refuse, then no job, I guess. Would you find this acceptable behaviour to one of your loved ones?

mehmets_curlies - 24/1/2018 20:10

Are you serious, Durham? "They are only asked to wear..."!!!!...and if they refuse, then no job, I guess. Would you find this acceptable behaviour to one of your loved ones?

Well dont apply - its all about choice.

My niece is a waitress and they stipulates she wears black trousers (tight) or a skirt (reasonably short and tight) both of which are supplied.

markinkent - 24/1/2018 19:57

As a father of young daughter who will no doubt be looking for the odd job to cover her university costs we'll have to agree to disagree. I am sure lots of people who need money do things not because they want to but because they need the money.

We are all responsible for our actions and hopefully I will never be tempted to put my hands where they aren't really welcomed just because I paid good money to be at a function and have had more brandy than is good for me.

Not the first time we will disagree Durham and almost certainly not the last.

yes I dont expect everyone to agree and yes I also have a daughter - its all about choice

A matter of chouce? That is irrelevant. Women should not feel that they have to dress/act in this sort of way, just to earn a crust. That you accept it as ok, and even accept it is ok for someone you love, is really sad. If anyone behaved like that to my loved ones, I would rip them a new arsehole

I haven't read any stories on this, only the headlines, so can't give any opinions. However, when I worked in events and hospitality we were given the option of saying yes or no to events.

Also, while it's currently fashionable to bash the privileged, I can also guess what an EasyJet or WhizzAir stewardess' job might be like on a flight to a Stag Do location like Prague or Budapest.

mehmets_curlies - 24/1/2018 20:37

A matter of chouce? That is irrelevant. Women should not feel that they have to dress/act in this sort of way, just to earn a crust. That you accept it as ok, and even accept it is ok for someone you love, is really sad. If anyone behaved like that to my loved ones, I would rip them a new arsehole

How can it be irrelevant - why would many women return to the same event year after year, even that journalist said many women enjoy the event, again their choice

Cheerleaders are expected to dress in a certain way, again their choice if they want to be a cheer leader. If males join they dont have to dress in the same outfit.

So you dont think I should except how my niece does for a living and how she is expected to dress - as above its all about her choice not my views.

Is it a 'matter of choice' for a young woman to have a hand placed up her skirt and groped or sexually assaulted while she's working?
Good grief - we as society sadly do indeed have a long way to go judging by such comments.
I am also a dad of 2 young girls but that should be irrelevant.

Are you kidding me? Chippendales? Dream boys? Butlers in the buff at virtually every hen do these days.

alphabet_king - 24/1/2018 21:12

Are you kidding me? Chippendales? Dream boys? Butlers in the buff at virtually every hen do these days.

Fair point if they are still going. Thought they stopped years ago.

alphabet_king - 24/1/2018 21:12

Hey that is fine - the men are not forced perform it and the girls never touch and it is unthinkable that the men would be assaulted at work.

Durham... ...swallow some pride and just admit that you were being a complete dick and it just all came out wrong. Do it before Jogills gets on this thread.

You can?t justify sexist behaviour; just as there is no justification for any other type of discrimination.

Trashbat - 24/1/2018 21:26

Durham... ...swallow some pride and just admit that you were being a complete dick and it just all came out wrong. Do it before Jogills gets on this thread.

You can?t justify sexist behaviour; just as there is no justification for any other type of discrimination.

Sorry no can do - I not saying its all Ok but the the reaction has been way over the top - classing touching of hands as groping is ridiculous.

The reporter said that many women got good jobs from thsi event, of course none of them used their sexuality to get a opportunity

As long as women and men breed, live together on the planet and fall in love you will never wipe out all forms of sexist behaviour.

This isn't just about sexism though, is it, Durham?

It is also about privilege, power and class.

Unfortunately, although the men attending the event clearly have much power and privilege, it appears they have little class.

I think it says a lot about the kind of dirty, filthy old bastards who - no matter what party is elected - still run this and every other country, and still control our and everyone else's economy, political parties, businesses, media and military, and have been carrying on like this with impunity for ever, and always will be, and will always get away with it, just because they can. Bantz, innit? Or just an unfortunate misunderstanding, or misguided self-righteousness by the politically correct brigade. Boris Johnson has made an entire wretched career out of it.

Never mind political correctness. I can't believe that this sort of behaviour would even enter into the mind of any man who's been brought up decently, let alone anyone whose got a wife, a mother, a daughter or has even met a female other than their nanny,

Why should this arrogance, this entitlement, this disgusting behaviour be accepted? It's all about fucking the less powerful over, humiliating them, and then laughing it all off as high jinks. Burning fifty pound notes in front of the homeless? Groping hard-up students a quarter of your age? Just having a laugh and sticking one up at the do-gooders. You'll always find plenty of Alf Garnetts willing to stick up for that as long as it's their social betters who are doing it.

To quote Father Fintan Stack: "I've had my fun, and that's all that matters." If you're happy with people getting away with that just because they've got more money than you, then you need a bloody good look at yourself.

The current trend is bashing the privileged but it goes in cycles. Before long there'll be a story about an immigrant or benefit cheat and the nation's fury will turn to that demographic.