The Premier League 2023-24 Thread | Page 89 | Vital Football

The Premier League 2023-24 Thread

Not really a surprise. One or two performances were very good but the rest were bang average at best. Does mean a new right back is needed though. And a left back. And a dominant leader of a centre back…
Neco and Aina could be our RB in rotation, with Aina more than comfortable at LB too

I’d buy a LB only this summer. Then decide which one of Toff/Richards is sold/loaned.

Neco and Aina could be our RB in rotation, with Aina more than comfortable at LB too

I’d buy a LB only this summer. Then decide which one of Toff/Richards is sold/loaned.
I think Richards is unsellable at present. And Toff is too useful to get shot of.

Hope you are having a good’un…

u

I would agree. Both are better on right. Richards is unknown on left. Great at Reading but unknown now. I would give both youngsters a chance preseason. Both are ready according to reports.

Omab and Murillo could be pairing for years. Maybe need extra height in the centre. Back 3? Niakhate and Boly good cover. Don’t think we have a natural central defencivemfielderr so worth considering.

Aguilera should step up. Onsong, Abbottt and Gardiner are the obvious candidates from academy. Centre Forward is the big priority. If they can play. wide as well so much the better. I don’t see the requirement to make too many additions.

Priority 1 CF
Priority 2. LB
Priority 3 dominating defender.
Priority 4. Defensive Midfielder.

Priority 1 is a must, given money.

I would agree. Both are better on right. Richards is unknown on left. Great at Reading but unknown now. I would give both youngsters a chance preseason. Both are ready according to reports.

Omab and Murillo could be pairing for years. Maybe need extra height in the centre. Back 3? Niakhate and Boly good cover. Don’t think we have a natural central defencivemfielderr so worth considering.

Aguilera should step up. Onsong, Abbottt and Gardiner are the obvious candidates from academy. Centre Forward is the big priority. If they can play. wide as well so much the better. I don’t see the requirement to make too many additions.

Priority 1 CF
Priority 2. LB

Every time I have watched Mady Camara at Oly, he's impressed me as a DCF. I would add a winger to the above, desperately need another wide option. Podence would be great, and I am sure others can be had, so adding 5 players, of which the DCF and a CB could be a loan to buy?

All you who left our great shores to go live is Moose land, isnt it getting a bit dodgy these days?
There was a clip on X the other week it's got that bad in Toronto the police advise to leave your car keys visible to stop getting the windows smashed in by car thieves??

Priority 1 CF
Priority 2. LB

Richards was bought at a time when we didn’t really understand the required quality. Coupled with his injuries I wouldn’t make any plans with him. I also wouldn’t be thinking too much about Aguilera. 3 games is all he has played in league one due to injury and there is little to suggest he is ready for that step up yet.

I would actually make priority 2 into priority 4. We need the centre back and the defensive midfielder far more. Unless Sangare suddenly starts to live up to his initial hype…

All you who left our great shores to go live is Moose land, isnt it getting a bit dodgy these days?
There was a clip on X the other week it's got that bad in Toronto the police advise to leave your car keys visible to stop getting the windows smashed in by car thieves??
Haven't heard that, and nor has my Son. In general anywhere in Canada is way safer than the US, though I am sure there are 'issues' here just like at home.

I live in Brittany, but my eldest son and his wife live in Toronto, Forest Hill’s area, although they are moving to Oakville soon.

Nantes is our ‘local’ (3 hours away) airport but you can only fly direct to Montreal, so we were introduced to Air Transat, Porter Air and Billy Bishop. It’s a great route, about as enjoyable as transatlantic flying can ever be.

My wife and I go over 2 or 3 times a year it’s actually quicker to get there than it is to our other sons in the UK.

When I’m next over, I’ll definitely try out Dreyfus. I will pass on the recommendation to my daughter-in-law she loves a good restaurant.

Safe travels on Monday.
Air Transat and enjoyable, there's 2 words you don't hear together - ever.

That advice was a perfect example of a copper opening his mouth and spewing bull poop when his brain hadn't quite woken up yet, even after his 4th double double of the day from Timmies.

On safety, I'd hazard a guess that, in general, it's safer over here than it is in Ole Blighty, but yes we do have areas of higher crime rates than normal.

Thanks mate. The sister restaurant Bernhardts is superb too. Same calibre but livelier

Max was there and then promoted to Dreyfus. When I went to my first Prem game in December v Fulham 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️, I was with Max as he wants to chef in London next year

Good luck to him, I hope he gets to follow his dream.....and get to a few more Forest games!!

Air Transat and enjoyable, there's 2 words you don't hear together - ever.
That's what my kids said
Maybe I had low expectations, but both journeys were excellent. Probably helped by being surrounded by geriatric French people. They just slept a couple of hours longer than they normally would in the middle of the day so it was a very peaceful flight.

Previously been with Air Canada, and wild horses would not drag me back on board their planes. Not quite as bad as Continental were, but they certainly tried very hard.
I don't find many of the flag carrying airlines that good....all fur coat and no knickers!!

I've had to fly for work for the last 40 years....if I never went on board another plane it would not break my heart!!

Chelsea have just had twice as many penalties in their match as we have been awarded all season.

The second one was particularly ludicrous. Dalot clearly slips over on a pitch that has been drenched all game in rain, and is accused bringing a Chelsea player down in the process of falling on his arse
It was a foul, though, and thus a penalty.

Karma for Man U after Worrall slipped on a wet pitch way back at the start of the season and fell into Fernandes. Free kick, but the red card for Worrall was ludicrous.