The Pre-season friendly Fred sponsored by our third decade outside the Prem | Page 21 | Vital Football

The Pre-season friendly Fred sponsored by our third decade outside the Prem

The questions, for me, appear to be; is Lamouchi capable of seeing the difference between the sub optimal performances last night and what is required for the Championship? Then, is the club prepared to support the manager, in the short time available, to acquire the kind of players we desperately need?

Time will tell.

Plus, can Lamouchi get the best out of his selections.

'Tails' suggesting that Geddy is closing in on a move to Kuwait. Another that would yield a fee, but also another hefty wage lifted.

The questions, for me, appear to be; is Lamouchi capable of seeing the difference between the sub optimal performances last night and what is required for the Championship? Then, is the club prepared to support the manager, in the short time available, to acquire the kind of players we desperately need?

Time will tell.
As I allluded to yesterday, the man has 46 fkn videos to watch from last season. Seems he aint watched one of them. Then moans about too many frriendlies rather than training? lmao, but clearly what he sees in training is a million miles away from what we see on a saturday afternoon

I take all the points re being behind them in training etc. That’s fair. However, I have rarely seen us out played to such an extent. We’ve all seen some really poor performances over the years, but I haven’t seen us out classed like that since Bayern Munich. No one played particularly well, we really did look like an amateur side.
The new guy Silva, was awful,made Watson look good in comparison and he was poor. Defence poor, completely out classed in midfield and no threat at all up front. They didn’t even have to try second half, it was so comfortable for them.
Yes, there is a gulf in class, and yes, still early days, but he needs to learn fast. I didn’t see much direction from the manager either. Will be interesting to see how we fare Friday night.

I take all the points re being behind them in training etc. That’s fair. However, I have rarely seen us out played to such an extent. We’ve all seen some really poor performances over the years, but I haven’t seen us out classed like that since Bayern Munich. No one played particularly well, we really did look like an amateur side.
The new guy Silva, was awful,made Watson look good in comparison and he was poor. Defence poor, completely out classed in midfield and no threat at all up front. They didn’t even have to try second half, it was so comfortable for them.
Yes, there is a gulf in class, and yes, still early days, but he needs to learn fast. I didn’t see much direction from the manager either. Will be interesting to see how we fare Friday night.
Agree 100%

Thought it wasn't just fitness.

Style was unbelievably negative. Hard to see how we would ever score goals playing like that even if the opposition weren't streets ahead. Everyone was ridiculously slow, ponderous and just wanted to pass back at the slightest challenge

Agree 100%

Thought it wasn't just fitness.

Style was unbelievably negative. Hard to see how we would ever score goals playing like that even if the opposition weren't streets ahead. Everyone was ridiculously slow, ponderous and just wanted to pass back at the slightest challenge

Absolutely. We are really going to have step up against Palace. It will be a more English type game I guess, but not sure our midfield will cope at all at the moment, against better players.

It was though we were playing Chelsea again . They seem to always beat us embarrassingly easily without getting out of first gear.