The Pre-season friendly Fred sponsored by our third decade outside the Prem | Page 31 | Vital Football

The Pre-season friendly Fred sponsored by our third decade outside the Prem

We have replaced long ball with a return to passing aimlessly around the back four from what I have seen.

I would disagree with this from what I have seen from the friendlies so far.

We are clearly looking to be more possession-focused than under MoN, but it doesn't appear to be Warburton levels of having possession for possession's sake. Seems to be a bit more purpose and intent with it, but the proof in the pudding will come from Saturday onward.

The best long passes are the throws from Muric that go 2/3 of the length of the pitch and set us off on a quick counter attack! Wonder if he will get an assist or two this season?!

Did you go to the Palace and RS games ? Thought we were far more creative than last season. Only friendlies, but that's all we have to go on so far !
I saw one of them on TV.

Both teams playing exactly how we want them to- open, lots of space, not consistently high tempo.

The crunch will come in games where teams don't play how we want. When Milwall and Cardiff launch the long balls at us and hit the counter, or where Reading park the bus.

My worry was in the Oly game, where we created nothing and our only response to adversity was to pass around the defence

I saw one of them on TV.

Both teams playing exactly how we want them to- open, lots of space, not consistently high tempo.

The crunch will come in games where teams don't play how we want. When Milwall and Cardiff launch the long balls at us and hit the counter, or where Reading park the bus.

My worry was in the Oly game, where we created nothing and our only response to adversity was to pass around the defence

Walker missed a sitter when he came on!

No chance will we be top six with this squad no matter who is managing us.

Fullback position is utter dog shit

We don't have anywhere near enough goals in us. One injury to Grabban and we have Ameobi or Murphy up front.

Still no indication that we have any capabilities to break down sides that don't play exactly how we want.

We have replaced long ball with a return to passing aimlessly around the back four from what I have seen.
We have as much chance of top Six as we do bottom six, Darikwa injury is a blow. We will have new strikers before the window closes so quite relaxed and looking forward to the season?