The Politics Thread | Page 753 | Vital Football

The Politics Thread

Again, Starmer could be the greatest PM in the history of this planet. But he's fucked, and at best he can tinker with 1% of improvement in a term given the state of the country, it's services, council's and our international debt (Rishi you prick, take a train, save us the cost of helicopters and planes when you claim there is no money left!)

Some still moan about Liam Byrne and his historical 'no money left joke' like he was the first Chancellor to follow convention, and leave a private joke that was barbed. Of course, no Tory had ever done that.

Reginald Maudling never said "Good luck, old cock ... Sorry to leave it in such a mess."

And having met Mr Liam of Hodge Hill fame, he was a good bloke, he was certainly not capable of that kind of incisive wit in my experience.

But Chico you are right, it'll be like Bliar again. Racks up debt, gives money to Union workers, tax the rich (who earn't it apparently) and give it to the poor who fiddle the system, and use flu for 12 months off hiking our national debt as we give immigrants mansions.

Yawn.

ps - forget we give Gov contracts to our husbands, or our wives and families, or our pub landlord - Thatcher was great wasn't she, she let you profit from elec, gas, water and trains.

Oh don't talk about that.

I see the Raynor tax fiddle story won't go away. She's going to have to come clean.

just had a read of that, there is a bit of smoke around it from within there own party , he as thrown his weight behind her, remember the drunken fiasco up north after the by election when neither of them could remember if either one of them were there , yeh, i remember it, could be a little bit of corbynism in there as well ,, seanie

just had a read of that, there is a bit of smoke around it from within there own party , he as thrown his weight behind her, remember the drunken fiasco up north after the by election when neither of them could remember if either one of them were there , yeh, i remember it, could be a little bit of corbynism in there as well ,, seanie
Another word salad making absolutely no sense.

As your probably aware I'm of the opinion they're all bent. Wouldn't trust a politician of any political hue. All in it for themselves. Conviction politicians are a thing of the past.
Couldn't agree more @wittonite.

I just happen to think the nonsense around Rayner (see also the Starmer 'Currygate', or the Diane Abbot 'mojito on the train' nonsense, for instance) is just the last desperate thrashing around of the incumbent government and their fawning lapdogs in the media to try and salvage something from the last 14 years.

Couldn't agree more @wittonite.

I just happen to think the nonsense around Rayner (see also the Starmer 'Currygate', or the Diane Abbot 'mojito on the train' nonsense, for instance) is just the last desperate thrashing around of the incumbent government and their fawning lapdogs in the media to try and salvage something from the last 14 years.
Well, I'll go back to my original statement,and we will come back to this later in the year I suspect.

Fuck me, it seems we all finally agree lol

The one thing I doubt with Raynor though, it came from Ashcroft again, it's yonks ago and it diverted so many pages from current Tory bollocks.

If Ashcroft's not making a profit or serving his Tory bum chums he's not actually doing anything of note. (Bare in mind I read the blog, not just the news reports) he didn't accuse her of doing anything illegal. It was a well crafted complete pile of bollocks with basic intimation, unfounded correlation, and trigger words like 'isn't it mysterious then' to lead people down the rabbit hole he wanted to create.

The greatest irony being, he slates Labour for not answering his baseless claims by giving the answer.

"Responding, Lord Ashcroft said that rather than answer the questions his new book raises, Labour ‘has tried to divert attention from the story by seemingly attacking me without knowing anything about my background. For the record my roots are in Burnley in a two-up, two-down. The toilet was in the back yard and we used torn-up newspaper as toilet paper! My dad was an enlisted infantryman, my mother a nurse.'"

Okay, but what about any proof mate? You haven't given me anything there that doesn't make me want someone with knowledge to look into you tax affairs, did you ever stick your cock in a pig btw?

ps - why do these life changing (I don't like a politician) announcements only come out when you have a book to sell?

And I don't even like her to be fair lol

Update on the Rwanda 'plan'...

According to The Times, 70% of houses built to house asylum seekers deported from the UK have been sold to Rwandans to ease their own housing crisis.

Oh dear.

(Paywalled)

Update on the Rwanda 'plan'...

According to The Times, 70% of houses built to house asylum seekers deported from the UK have been sold to Rwandans to ease their own housing crisis.

Oh dear.

(Paywalled)
"Approved by Suella Braverman", enough said.

The Rwandans can 'house' our the migrants that we send there in the houses left behind by the Rwandans that purchased the new homes.

The main thing is that they are safe from the persecution and threats that they were suffering in their homeland.