The Politics Thread | Page 752 | Vital Football

The Politics Thread

I love NIMBYs - give it two years when the grandkids are moaning, and they realise it's not 1750 anymore.

Built as a model village on the outskirts of Birmingham for the Cadbury factory workers, Bournville has for over 100 years been subject to strict planning laws to preserve its picturesque charm.
But in recent months, more than 100 large telegraph poles have suddenly appeared on its streets and residents say they have become eyesores that are ruining the charm of the area designed by the Cadbury family.

The poles are chocolate covered - 'I can't even change my bathroom window' blah blah, blooey, get a grip you utter wankstain and no creosote is not banned you 1820's batshit, I want workhouses back, bellend.

And breath. You want underground lines, pay for them your fucking selves you entitled bunch of dipshits.

It’s a strange one, this new infrastructure isn’t really required at all as it’s not an area that is deprived of good broadband. So ultimately you’d think that the Bournville Village Trust are taking backhanders to allow these things to crop up.

From memory it was linked to fibre roll out. It they were well served areas and had underground feeds, they wouldn't waste the cost on poles. We've just had ours upgraded around here.

Just reading about Scotlands new hate crime legislation. They had over 4000 people log complaints too the police on the first day. I didn't think anyone could surpass Sturgeon when it came to stupidity, but Humza Yousaf seems too have done it with room to spare. I can't believe the Scots will be dumb enough to return them to power.

I love NIMBYs - give it two years when the grandkids are moaning, and they realise it's not 1750 anymore.

Built as a model village on the outskirts of Birmingham for the Cadbury factory workers, Bournville has for over 100 years been subject to strict planning laws to preserve its picturesque charm.
But in recent months, more than 100 large telegraph poles have suddenly appeared on its streets and residents say they have become eyesores that are ruining the charm of the area designed by the Cadbury family.

The poles are chocolate covered - 'I can't even change my bathroom window' blah blah, blooey, get a grip you utter wankstain and no creosote is not banned you 1820's batshit, I want workhouses back, bellend.

And breath. You want underground lines, pay for them your fucking selves you entitled bunch of dipshits.
Tablets not working yet Mike?

I get where your coming from, preservation of anything costs money.

Just reading about Scotlands new hate crime legislation. They had over 4000 people log complaints too the police on the first day. I didn't think anyone could surpass Sturgeon when it came to stupidity, but Humza Yousaf seems too have done it with room to spare. I can't believe the Scots will be dumb enough to return them to power.
He is a nutter.

Making the police rushed to the max on hurty words and the real crimes don't get touched.

He has an agenda.

Probably getting threats from gangs like labour were getting.

I saw that loads of people logged complaints about him to the police about his "white" speech on the day the legislation came in, lol. He is an absolute prat.

Weren't half of them about Yousaf himself lol

The right honourable:lol: William Wragg. The vice-chair, of the Tory 1922 committee.

It never ends with this gutter level Tory government.

Another by-election?

He is just one of a number from across the house who are involved. These are the brightest and the best, to use a well-worn political phrase that run our country. Thick as shit is another phrase that might be more apt.

I've looked back three pages and can't find a mention of the latest poll finding on Labour winning the election with 400 plus seats in a 1997 style landslide so I'm mentioning it.

All I've to say is I wish Rishi would get the wait over. The death rattle of the Tories gets longer and louder by the day.

One wonders what next week will bring with them. The mutterings of a change of leader won't make any difference.

Every man and their dog knows labour will win. It's a no brainer.

Be interesting or worrying to see how bad things can actually get.

We've heard this many times before though, the last GE, Brexit Referendum... people make their decision at the polling station, and often don't want to show their decision due to trends, media, and left wing pressure and labelling.
Everyone who voted leave is a gammon and a racist according to twitter.
I can't see the Tories winning the next election, but I'm not sure Labour will win a landslide victory either. Corbyn's legacy remains.

We've heard this many times before though, the last GE, Brexit Referendum... people make their decision at the polling station, and often don't want to show their decision due to trends, media, and left wing pressure and labelling.
I can't see the Tories winning the next election, but I'm not sure Labour will win a landslide victory either. Corbyn's legacy remains.
That's the problem with the 2 horse system, people vote for the lesser of two evils. Round it goes again, bugger all will change for the average person. Something like 60% of those eligible to vote don't vote, so whoever gets in is on a hiding to nothing as they are always voted in by a minority.
Its only a game then we all die.

I think labour will win comfortably. You have reform now taking what? 11% ISH away from the Tories. Maybe more. Plus the swing voters.

I dread to think what will happen under labour rule.

Digital ID and social scoring is on its way for sure.

But that would happen anyway. Dont matter who's in 'charge'.

Like 57 said. Labour Vs Tories in just a pantomime.

If and when Labour get elected, they will inherit 14 years of shite, record debt, recession and low global status

The country now is broken. It will be easy for you to blame the outcome of labours government efforts on them. I can see headlines in the Daily Mail in 12 months time blaming everything on labour for government debt etc , forgetting its been down to the last 15 years of this fucking Tory government. I hope no one ever forgets this current corrupt bunch.

I hope We can come out of this. We desperately needs a change, but I think it will take more than 1 election cycle to do this.

Last edited: