The Politics Thread | Page 165 | Vital Football

The Politics Thread

I was watching the press preview on Sky late last night and one of the reporters on there said he had spoken to some of his neighbours and others and they all said the same thing Corbyn is the problem but he cant seem to see it. The other guest on the programme said what I said earlier if its a hung parliament or close she thinks Corbyn will stay on. As for a hung parliament, that is no good for the country at all because nothing gets done. We need a government with a majority to run the country. Thursday next week we will be deciding, Tory or Labour. They are the only real choices on the table.

The problem is the two main parties have a stranglehold on our politics and its never going to change. They both know that if the one is not in power it will have a chance at the next election. And so it goes on. The problem with voting for one of the minor parties is that it will make no difference to the outcome. Faced with choice which one do I like the least. Terrible state to be in. I just hope that Corbyn loses badly and goes . The labour party can sort itself out and hopefully challenge next time round. The price we have to pay is five years of Johnson and theTories.

I didn't say I was voting Tory but Kefs rantings might have pushed me that way.
I do know that Corbyn + McDonels past makes it impossible for me to vote them in.
I need to look at who else is standing, maybe a looney or Green will do.

Rantings LMAO you know me do you! I am damn well passionate about what I believe. However according to you i am not allowed to be. Or is it you just dont like females with opinions and knowledge? More like

If you want to vote Tory get on with it. It says alot about who you are if you do.

LOL at voting Greens. I dont expect you will now as they have stood down in a 2nd seat to help the Labour unseat Ian Duncan Smith (IDS = IBS Deliberate Freudian Slip)

Waste your vote if you want. I'm not responsibly for you behaving like that. BTW I dont have enough power over you to make you do anything.

LMAO at JC past: so what are you saying about the millions who will vote Labour then? Be very careful how you answer that if I was you

I can talk the talk and I do walk the walk too as i am passionately involved with the lobbying for remain and this election

You only say i am ranting cos you dont know how to respond 😏

He's not said he is voting Tory.

Folks, this isn't a thread for personal stuff, take it to pm or the ignore button.

He's not said he is voting Tory.

Folks, this isn't a thread for personal stuff, take it to pm or the ignore button.

I never said he was JF! I said if he wanted too in response to what he said.

Anyway point taken for my part

Heres an interesting yet scary post from my FB timeline this morning and I totally agree with the proportional representation

Frightening:

A tweet from @MakeVotesMatter. Shocking and shows how important tactical voting is and how FPTP must be replaced with PR:

Wasted votes are those with no impact on the election result.

In 2017, 68% of votes were wasted
In 2015, 74% of votes were wasted
In 2010, 71% of votes were wasted
In 2005, 71% of votes were wasted

Do you see the pattern yet?

#ChangeTheVotingSystem #ProportionalRepresentation

4 have quit the party and moved to the Tories over his standing decisions and their fears of splitting the leave vote.

It is sad, there are so many labour voters who won't vote this time and that means another who is just as unfit to be PM, Johnson, will get in.

What a mess.

Not sure how serious they were but on the radio they were saying there could be more spoiled ballot papers than actual votes for the parties.

Be lovely if so, but I'm sure that would be tongue in cheek!

I've written a poem to put on mine.

Anything you like that can't be deemed to be 'registering' support for one name listed - even by intimation.