The Politics Thread | Page 164 | Vital Football

The Politics Thread

I doubt it will be a Tory win even with that You Gov poll. You Gov is owned by Toryites! This happened in 2017 too and didnt work out to well. They will possible get more seats than Labour but a majority I doubt. The problem the Tories have is they have no one to do any form of coalition with. Labour do. We shall see
If labour win, if Corbyn or Mcdonell are in any position of power in this country it will mark a low point in our countries history. jeez the tories are a shambles but labour with these two clowns are a disgrace. If ever the liberals had a chance surely this was it

Boris says that 74 convicted terrorists have been released early. I'm sure it's Jeremy Corbyn's fault.

I did find Corbyn’s statement that terrorists shouldn’t necessarily be released early a bit strange two weeks before a general election. If even you are a wishy washy hippy, at least say there needs to be a review and dangerous people shouldn’t be let loose on the street or something.

The more Corbyn talks the more people won’t want to vote for him.

Just catching up with Johnson's interview on the Andrew Marr show and apparently much of what he said particularly with regard to the criminal justice system has proved to be either lies or just wrong.

Who would have thought it.

Last edited:
If labour win, if Corbyn or Mcdonell are in any position of power in this country it will mark a low point in our countries history. jeez the tories are a shambles but labour with these two clowns are a disgrace. If ever the liberals had a chance surely this was it

I think you will find alot of what you say is what has been fed you by the right wing media! I'm not a Corbynite however I will be voting labour.

Voting for that **** as a P.M with Johnson is a vote for hell and worse.

He is a pathological liar, a narcasist sociopath, philanderer, abuser and the list continues. I cannot believe that the Tory members voted this "thing" into Downing Street. The ghosts of passed PMS must be storming those halls in fury.

There has never been a pm so disgraceful ever in Downing street

Yea I am voting Labour. Yes I have done my research. I am far from thick before you imply it.

You want a Tory government: words fail me. Put aside the B word what this Bullingdon club careerists have done to this country the past 9 years is out of a Dickins novel.

The cuts to the services, austerity, the vilification of the disabled and sick and so on to pay for the greed of the bankers in 2008 is like something out of a Dickens novel.

As for JC I am not saying he is perfect. I am not saying I agree with all his policies. I dont.

I want some hope. I want my country back. The one before the most ridiculous idea in history of calling a referendum.

JC plan for it will end the Brexit debacle in 6 months. The Tories idea wont. Years of trade agreements to be done which we wont get the best deals on. Done by 31st January? Your having a laugh. There are 753 trade agreements to be done after, with the world knowing we need them and they wont be offering us decent deals. I also dont want to become s vassall taste of Trumps America and I dont want anymore of the NHS sold off either. The Tories have already sold off 7% piecemeal

JC will serve one term. He is 72. McDonald will not stand. He had s major heart attack in 2013 and has health problems. Short term for long term.

As for the Lib Dems. They arent going to get 300 plus seats to form a government. That might be a dream however we are dealing with reality here

Your either looking at another 5 years of Dickens workshops with Johnson and the Bullongdon club or 5 years no more, of JC.

I know which I will take in a heartbeat. You want to do volunteering like I do at the food banks and surrounding services, see first hand what this government have done (rather than read about it which doesnt connect you) and then you might look a little deeper at the reality

Have a read of this link and find out some more. Perfect he isnt. No one is. Mistakes ofcourse he has made them. Right wing media slam him because they are afraid of the money they will lose under him. Problem is people dont research properly

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...e-thing-warm-decent-and-interested-in-justice

I did find Corbyn’s statement that terrorists shouldn’t necessarily be released early a bit strange two weeks before a general election. If even you are a wishy washy hippy, at least say there needs to be a review and dangerous people shouldn’t be let loose on the street or something.

The more Corbyn talks the more people won’t want to vote for him.

They do though! I'm voting labour. He doesn't do clipped sound bites. He looks at the whole picture.

If you read on he says that prison is supposed to do rehabilitation and if it is done properly and so on

The trouble is today people want sharp short answers and sound bites which dont work.

Spending time on a subject is not done in this race age. There is not one dual answer of yes or no. I get where he is coming from. Whether I agree with it on this I dont know cos I haven't had time to digest it.

Each subject should be looked at separately and not taken on a fast answer

People are tired of what we have. Change will only come on taking a risk. Read my other post to ranger on this please and the link so I'm not repeating myself

I am not a Corbynite. I am from s family which is of origin tory blue. The last time I voted Tory was 2010 and I never will again with what they have done to this country

I have tickets for the general election hustings in town this evening, but I just can't bring myself to go and see our slimy, detestable MP Nadhim Zahawi lying through his teeth and treating the assembled with his usual arrogance and disdain.

So I am sending Mrs JPA instead, who hates him even more than I do :lol:

Corbyn is such a liability that the worst pm ever will get voted in, in my opinion. He isn't astute enough to realise that he isn't trusted enough to get the swing needed, even the decent members of his party cleared out of the shadow cabinet (and I'm sure know they have to see their party lose in order to get rid of the hapless fool that is Corbyn).

It is sad that he thinks he's a campaigner for good and all it is going to result in, like it did in 2017, is more Tories.

They do though! I'm voting labour. He doesn't do clipped sound bites. He looks at the whole picture.

If you read on he says that prison is supposed to do rehabilitation and if it is done properly and so on

The trouble is today people want sharp short answers and sound bites which dont work.

Spending time on a subject is not done in this race age. There is not one dual answer of yes or no. I get where he is coming from. Whether I agree with it on this I dont know cos I haven't had time to digest it.

Each subject should be looked at separately and not taken on a fast answer

People are tired of what we have. Change will only come on taking a risk. Read my other post to ranger on this please and the link so I'm not repeating myself

I am not a Corbynite. I am from s family which is of origin tory blue. The last time I voted Tory was 2010 and I never will again with what they have done to this country

I think the difference is you are passionately opposed to Brexit, in the Labour heartlands where a good proportion if not a majority are pro-Brexit, this is where Corbyn potentially loses a lot of votes.

A labour government would be disastrous for anyone who is blue, however a Tory government - if they deliver brexit - isnt the end of the world for a Labour brexiteer. They have to choose between Corbyn and the Brexit party as they can’t vote Tory, and from what I’ve seen some people being interviewed they are tempted to switch.

Labour have done everything wrong under Corbyn with Brexit, being a credible opposition and as a party in general sticking with him.

I have tickets for the general election hustings in town this evening, but I just can't bring myself to go and see our slimy, detestable MP Nadhim Zahawi lying through his teeth and treating the assembled with his usual arrogance and disdain.

So I am sending Mrs JPA instead, who hates him even more than I do :lol:

Can you get her to throw some eggs at him or something.

Well she's just set off, but I didn't notice any eggs (or cabbages) in her coat pockets.

I did remind her that it would be very unbecoming if I had to come and fetch her from the police station later on.

Shame .You could also have played Tory "standard sayings" bingo.

Get Brexit Done
Stong and stable economy
Corbyn bankrupting the country
50,000 new nurses

Shame .You could also have played Tory "standard sayings" bingo.

Get Brexit Done
Stong and stable economy
Corbyn bankrupting the country
50,000 new nurses

Lol, she's expecting plenty of that, plus Zahawi's stock statements that they are still clearing up the mess of the last Labour government, making "difficult decisions" and the rest.

All while ripping off the taxpayer to heat his stables.

I think the difference is you are passionately opposed to Brexit, in the Labour heartlands where a good proportion if not a majority are pro-Brexit, this is where Corbyn potentially loses a lot of votes.

A labour government would be disastrous for anyone who is blue, however a Tory government - if they deliver brexit - isnt the end of the world for a Labour brexiteer. They have to choose between Corbyn and the Brexit party as they can’t vote Tory, and from what I’ve seen some people being interviewed they are tempted to switch.

Labour have done everything wrong under Corbyn with Brexit, being a credible opposition and as a party in general sticking with him.

I agree that the Tories would be toast with a Labour centrist leader. However that isnt the case so we deal with now.

You got that I am passionately opposed right! Obvious right. Ha!

Oh I wouldn't be so sure re JC. He surprised everyone last time. I haven't spoken to a single person who wants Johnson and the Tories back in.

The remain campaign and with the electioneering is very strong and organised. We arent going away whatever happens.

Banks and co thought we would. Think it was earlier this year Banks said he was shocked by the remain campaign solidarity, growth and that we hadnt died away and were getting stronger.

There's talk Boris will have to call a second referendum next summer if he does get back in with a hung parliament.

I bloody well hope not. Minority labour government with some form of coalition is what is best for this country.

It will get Brexit over in 6 months one way or another with a deal I wouldn't he happy with, if it went leave again, however if it is a soft Brexit which is what JC would get then it would be liveable with

10 days and we will know

Corbyn is such a liability that the worst pm ever will get voted in, in my opinion. He isn't astute enough to realise that he isn't trusted enough to get the swing needed, even the decent members of his party cleared out of the shadow cabinet (and I'm sure know they have to see their party lose in order to get rid of the hapless fool that is Corbyn).

It is sad that he thinks he's a campaigner for good and all it is going to result in, like it did in 2017, is more Tories.

It wont turn into a Tory majority even though that will cause more problems I know if they did get enough seats, as Lib Dems wont coalition with the Tories they say.

SNP, Plaid, Greens and maybe others will coalition with labour and thats where the balance of power.lies

Thus link is a full fact check channel 4 on JC and Ireland

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-corbyn-on-northern-ireland

Re the anti semitism: the Rabbi who said what he did last week is a Tory. JC has had countless letters of support off other Jewish communities

John Bercow is Jewish roots and knows JC. He says he is a decent bloke and not anti semitic

This link below is also on the anti semitism issue. The letter below it shows that not all Jews agree with the Tory rabbi

Anti Zionism isnt anti semitism and alot of people confuse the two

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/iain-dale/gardiner-jeremy-corbyn-apologise-antisemitism/

FB_IMG_1574841896742.jpg

I didn't say I was voting Tory but Kefs rantings might have pushed me that way.
I do know that Corbyn + McDonels past makes it impossible for me to vote them in.
I need to look at who else is standing, maybe a looney or Green will do.