The Politics Thread | Page 350 | Vital Football

The Politics Thread

Absolutely, in the same bucket as garden bridge, third runway and airport in the sea. all three are expensive failures, the only half decent thing he put his name to were “Boris bikes” when he was mayor and even that was retrospective as they were Barclays bikes firstly (IIRC)
God help us if he manages to sweet talk the cabinet into building the Scotland to Ireland bridge.

I live in the North and rail services up here are dreadful. We have plenty of lines but most are run down with frequent engineering works meaning either your train is running late or they replace it with a bus that takes forever to get through the congested roads. Plus the way the railways work up here makes no sense. For example to get to my next town by train means catching 2 different ones which takes around 2 hours in total just to travel around 10 miles, so it makes sense not to use them and go by car instead. We still have a lot of the old lines from the days of coal mining, but they are being left to rot away rather than being utilised. There are 2 large towns not far from me that have direct rail routes but these tracks are only used by freight and getting to those towns by train just isn't worth it time wise using the current network.

The anger up here regarding HS2 is massive even though in my book it isn't required. All those people who switched their vote from Labour at the last election will be switching back at the next one. We all knew what was coming with the Tories except those who thought Boris would keep his word on levelling up. If Starmer and Labour don't clean up in the North at the next election then they never will.

Boris Johnson travelled to north-east England on Monday to deliver a speech to one of his target audiences - the men and women driving British businesses.
But the 25-minute journey at the CBI's conference took some awkward turns as the prime minister tried to fuel enthusiasm for his green industrial revolution.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59373237

200w.gif

I think we knew what was coming with Johnson....Well I did anyway as I left a post on here ages ago from someone that worked for him when he was the Mayor of London who privately told me that all the staff despised him and they hated it when he breezed into the city hall headquarters only when on the odd days per week, he decided to turn up.

Itś only a question of time before those he trusted start to spill the beans in an effort to remove the incompetent idiot.