The Politics Thread | Page 328 | Vital Football

The Politics Thread

In my opinion, I am also a key worker... or a keyboard worker... you lot would fall apart without me/this madhouse....!

Someone has to pay for it all, might as well make those least able to afford it pay, not as if they are the ones who will be voting Tory is it!

To be fair, the first part is true, someone has to pay for it. I am no tax expert, but i would have thought the load could be spread far more/far better.

Can someone more fiscally knowledgeable than I please tell me why the social care levy is going on NI and not on income tax. How can I as a pensioner look my kids in the eye when I won't pay any increase, but would have paid something if it was put on income tax. Seems totally unfair and if I were younger I would be pissed off at this
Pensioners vote, and they vote Tory.

It's as simple as that.

Pensioners vote, and they vote Tory.
It's as simple as that.
I did say to my wife I wondered if it was as simple as that. The whole thing when you look at it is a complete dogs dinner. Just watched PMQ and it's beginning to unravel already.

Awkward.

Education Secretary Gavin Williamson has admitted making a "mistake" when he confused footballer Marcus Rashford with rugby player Maro Itoje.
The Evening Standard newspaper quoted Williamson as saying he had enjoyed a Zoom discussion with England and Manchester United's Rashford.
But an aide later clarified that it had actually been with Itoje.
Manchester-raised Rashford called the difference in accent between him and Londoner Itoje a possible "giveaway".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-58490809

It is funny to see Labour clamouring to criticise it. It's actually going along the right lines.
I don't think they're criticising raising tax, they're criticising raising the tax that hits only people in work and the lowest possible earners in work at that.

That claim from the Telegraph conveniently ignored the immediate post-war years, where tax was higher. But then their headline isn't as snappy is it.

I didn't read it in the Telegraph. Happy to see it is wrong, snappy or not.

This rise is supposed to raise £12b p.a for NHS\care. Is this instead of, or in addition to, the £18b that we will save from E.U. contributions? £350m per week isn't it? That's what it said on the bus.

That was immediately my first thought.

Let's hope this is Bozo's poll tax moment.