The Politics Thread | Page 274 | Vital Football

The Politics Thread

Such an explosive thing to claim, you would imagine there would be some proof of it surely?

I’d be surprised if even the daily Mail - after all their court cases over the years - would go so far as to publish something like that which is unsubstantiated.

The only evidence I need, is to see if Boris does that awful little smile when he’s lying when asked about it later. He does this little smirk as he’s talking, I’m not body language expert but it’s a clear sign of guilt with old Boris.

Yes and originally when he was Foreign Secretary he blurted out that she was a journalist when she wasn't anything of the sort. That in turn gave the Iranians the "proof" they wanted to lock her up.

Yes I remember. It was fine when he was mayor of London going to places not knowing the facts about things such as contactless payments with the Japanese, but foreign Secretary? The worst job you could give him

Last edited:
She was always going in fairness, but Boris more than helped remove any possible wriggle room her legal team had. I'm amazed her family have never gone after him legally for that.

He’s a clumsy, white haired man - it’s all part of his charm. How can you go after such a man?

I suspect they need him to sort the situation out to get her home more than they need a few thousand £ from his bank account.

He’s a clumsy, white haired man - it’s all part of his charm. How can you go after such a man?

Very, very easily mate!

I suspect they need him to sort the situation out to get her home more than they need a few thousand £ from his bank account.

Yes, lol, I didn't add that sentence as I thought it was obvious! Get her back, and if I was them I'd then go great guns at him. I just see it the other way, in terms of publicity, pubic image, worldwide image - I'd imagine Iran would quite like that so might relent if it happened, taking some joy in the part they played in a daft way.

I could even say I doubt he genuinely meant it as something he'd like to see happen, but he absolutely said it as it's the kind of thing the pillock trots out whilst trying to be funny as he waffles on.

You can almost here him saying it, in a jokey but completely inappropriate way.

For whatever reason, black and ethnic minorities over index in terms of fatalities, and these comments come out just after a report says there is no systemic racism in Britain. Would he have said that, if it was white 40-60 year white middle class voters dying in their tens of thousands?