The Politics Thread | Page 265 | Vital Football

The Politics Thread

Looks like the Daily Fail are turning on Johnson then...

Tick tock.

"Tory chiefs used party funds to pay Boris Johnson's legal bills in the row over his affair with Jennifer Arcuri, it emerged last night.

Party co-chairman Ben Elliot is said to have approved payments of more than £10,000 to the Prime Minister's lawyers...

...The disclosure follows the Daily Mail's revelations concerning a secret £60,000 Conservative Party donation to pay for new decor for Mr Johnson and fiancee Carrie Symonds' Downing Street flat. The Tory Party last night confirmed that it had paid Mr Johnson's legal bills after his four-year affair with Miss Arcuri was revealed."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...nsons-legal-bills-Jennifer-Arcuri-affair.html

He will be fed to the lions, I think/hope. He deserves every bit of nastiness that comes his way, for what he has dished out over the years and how absolutely awful he has been over the pandemic.

The public by and large don’t care. Scandal after scandal, ethic issue after ethic issue. He’s not really held to account is the reality. He got Brexit done though...

The public by and large don’t care. Scandal after scandal, ethic issue after ethic issue. He’s not really held to account is the reality. He got Brexit done though...

He will be, I disagree, I think the public are more engaged at the moment and more angry. But to be fair, it will be the Tories who feed him to the lions once the messy stuff is done. He might well try to do the same with Hancock.

He will be, I disagree, I think the public are more engaged at the moment and more angry. But to be fair, it will be the Tories who feed him to the lions once the messy stuff is done. He might well try to do the same with Hancock.

It’ll be the Tories who oust him, but I’ve no doubt the papers will use him for bad headlines too in order to turn people against him. I think it was Alistair Campbell on tele the other day, talking about how scandals these days just don’t feel like scandals. I’m pretty sure if a Labour government had given hundreds of millions of pounds worth of contracts to mates - and even the Tory governments before them - it would’ve been a National disgrace. It’s worse than the expenses scandal in my opinion, as it’s in the hundreds of millions.

At the moment, he is vaccine Boris and while the pandemic exists, he has some cover. When the pandemic has passed and the bad news is laid bare, they are going to need a scape goat.

The success of the vaccines hasn't gone unnoticed and actually, highlights how poor they have been because it shows, if they had put things in the hands of the experts like they have with this (the NHS infrastructure) (taken the advice before the pandemic that they weren't prepared - closed down when the scientific evidence told them - and that was several times - got a joined up plan for the old people's homes - use the existing infrastructure for the disaster that became trace and test etc) things might have turned out better.

Last edited:
It really might be the Daily Mail and other scummy papers will be swinging to the other end of the spectrum with regards to Brexit Boris then, as we all know their in it for clicks and giggles.

I don’t actually know who this Sir Alan is, I don’t even recognise his name if I’m honest.

Minister savages Boris 'the buffoon': Ex-foreign minister Alan Duncan's blast at PM, Theresa May and warring Tories in his sensational memoir

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...x-foreign-minister-Alan-Duncans-blast-PM.html

It really might be the Daily Mail and other scummy papers will be swinging to the other end of the spectrum with regards to Brexit Boris then, as we all know their in it for clicks and giggles.

I don’t actually know who this Sir Alan is, I don’t even recognise his name if I’m honest.

Minister savages Boris 'the buffoon': Ex-foreign minister Alan Duncan's blast at PM, Theresa May and warring Tories in his sensational memoir

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...x-foreign-minister-Alan-Duncans-blast-PM.html

Goodness! Amazing from a pretty senior figure. And good God, he's scathing! lol

• The Prime Minister had a ‘self-deluding mock-romantic passion. He is a clown … an embarrassing buffoon … an international stain on our reputation … ill-disciplined, shambolic, shameless clot… (an) egotistical showman’.
  • Philip Hammond – ‘Spock-like trampler over anyone else’s sensitivities, no feeling for the poor’;

No surprise here, from a muppet who had written two letters, one to support and one to oppose Brexit.

He castigates Mr Johnson for his ‘blatant self-serving ambition’ and says he knew none of the details on Brexit.

Mr Gove is a combination of ‘shameless and synthetic … an unctuous freak, a whacky weirdo both unappealing and untrustworthy’. :lol:

I want to punch Gove’s smug face, that weird look he has like a dodgy thunderbird. I do think he’s the most talented manipulator of the press and stories the Tories have, he’s quite skilled when it comes to riling up the public against the EU.

Unless it's my memory, but I always thought Duncan was one of the quiet ones. He's clearly been itching for a while reading that lol

Last edited:
Goodness! Amazing from a pretty senior figure. And good God, he's scathing! lol

• The Prime Minister had a ‘self-deluding mock-romantic passion. He is a clown … an embarrassing buffoon … an international stain on our reputation … ill-disciplined, shambolic, shameless clot… (an) egotistical showman’.
  • Philip Hammond – ‘Spock-like trampler over anyone else’s sensitivities, no feeling for the poor’;

No surprise here, from a muppet who had written two letters, one to support and one to oppose Brexit.

He castigates Mr Johnson for his ‘blatant self-serving ambition’ and says he knew none of the details on Brexit.

Mr Gove is a combination of ‘shameless and synthetic … an unctuous freak, a whacky weirdo both unappealing and untrustworthy’. :lol:

I've no doubt that it's all true but very strange for one of their own to turn on them like that. I guess Sir Alan isn't getting appointed to the board of any high profile companies.