The Politics Thread | Page 217 | Vital Football

The Politics Thread

I imagine Prince Andrew thought the Cummings presser went rather well :lol:

Is there a Pizza Express at Barnard Castle?

giphy.webp

You've just won the thread mate.

It's hilarious how they have stopped even pretending that the rules apply to them. They are clearly only for the plebs.

What was that old phrase? It's something like; they only call it class warfare when we fight back.

I think that the media would have been better advised not to have bothered going to DC's press conference. It gave him far more credibility than he merits.

Totally agree. And when he was 30 (?) odd minutes late, they should have walked out. That was a power game.

But also, he is an adviser, he isn't meant to be giving pressers at Downing Street, he's not elected and should not be the centre of a controversy like this. To have not offered his resignation to his chum shows how much Johnson relies on this man. He obviously wears the trousers so to speak.

Seriously though what on earth must Cummings know about Boris to have had half the cabinet come out and back him with those stupid copy paste statements on twitter. Considering the shit everyone already knows about him, sacked for lying multiple times, cheating on all his wives, unknown number of kids what possible dirt could Cummings know that would hurt him now.

I've posted this link further up. Here it is again. It might give you some insight into it

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/present...bBUGyfm9giQiLvsmvByjlR-yd9hIR1HCvG8yHlTNucvPA

I've posted this link further up. Here it is again. It might give you some insight into it

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/present...bBUGyfm9giQiLvsmvByjlR-yd9hIR1HCvG8yHlTNucvPA

The most disappointing thing for me, isn’t necessarily Boris or Cummings. It’s the british public who don’t know or want to know his character. I didn’t realise he had an affair when his wife was having chemo nor did I realise he had an abortion, I’m not against abortion per se but when Boris just wants to get his leg over and destroy life for a 30 second thrill it’s morally wrong.

The british public do not care about his shenanigans because the PR he has created for himself supersedes that.

He’s a despicable bloke, who can get people to vote for things that are against what is good for them and against their morals.

In some respects he’s done an amazing job of getting to where he is, whilst he’s academically smart, on the political stage he’s completely out of his depth especially in a situation like this.

"If Boris Johnson thinks you're stupid, Dominic Cummings thinks you're scum."

They laugh at us, the Bullingdon Club types, born to rule, not to be questionned by us sorts. And sadly, it is allowed, because people like Johnson put on their act.

His mask slipped the other day and again last night (albeit not quite so much) and he showed his disdain in both briefings by not going back to the press.

He is, in my humble (!) opinion, utter scum. Not all of them are, there are some very decent politicians/tories amongst the ranks, but then there are his sort. They hate us, I hate them!

"They hate you if you're clever and they despise a fool."

"If Boris Johnson thinks you're stupid, Dominic Cummings thinks you're scum."

They laugh at us, the Bullingdon Club types, born to rule, not to be questionned by us sorts. And sadly, it is allowed, because people like Johnson put on their act.

His mask slipped the other day and again last night (albeit not quite so much) and he showed his disdain in both briefings by not going back to the press.

He is, in my humble (!) opinion, utter scum. Not all of them are, there are some very decent politicians/tories amongst the ranks, but then there are his sort. They hate us, I hate them!

"They hate you if you're clever and they despise a fool."

That's the thing that always amazes me about British politics. The Tory Party (or at least the Eton boys) hates the British public. They have demonstrated that time and time again.

Still, the British public votes them in time and time again.

Shows how bad the opposition parties have been mate. Especially the last shambles, they really were - as I kept saying to friends who supported them and thought they were the answer - unelectable, even in the fact of a pretty right wing group and a leader who would kick out the father of the house, etc, for disagreeing.

Corbyn and his cronies have a lot to answer for, just glad it doesn't look like the damage they caused was terminal. If Long-Bailey had been elected as their leader, that would have signalled the end in my opinion.

That's the thing that always amazes me about British politics. The Tory Party (or at least the Eton boys) hates the British public. They have demonstrated that time and time again.

Let’s be honest, the majority of the british public are so fucking thick they turn up to a voting booth and put a cross in a box based on what they read or are fed on social media.

I also think you are massively influenced by your geography at a granular level.

British people aren’t very good at holding politicians to account, the game has changed. It’s about using reality TV to build a brand for yourself and doing it that way, rather than the more traditional methods.

I never understand the ones that say they vote that way because their parents always have. So what? Do your own thinking. I do however understand not all are interested in politics, but then, you are still expressing an opinion when voting!