The player who left thread | Page 64 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

Don't see your point Mike at all. Westwood has 19 starts for Burnley, now if that was 19 sub appearances (that could be last 30 seconds) I would say you have a point and he is a bit part player. But 19 starts shows he is a regular for a top 8 side.

And I think your second sentence is he is only in there coz someone got injured. So ? , so is Fabian Delph - does he care (in fact, so was Lewis Grabban AND wierdly Jack Grealish as if you recall, Grealish had lost his place to Andre Green and only got back in when Green got injured !)

He was bit part until injuries hit, you're rewriting history to suit your argument, so it falls down. As does your Albie assertions which aren't born out of history.

Grealish only won his place back this season after Green was injured? FFS chap, lose the Donald Trumps.

Green played through out August. Got injured and played once in September. Broke down again and played once in January.

Grealish wasn't fit until fucking November.

If you don't want to be called on this shit (and you wonder why you give the anti Grealish impression!) stop posting it.

McParland - good points but I would say for development wise, where would Jack be better. With Steve Bruce (we all know how he plays) or, lets say, at Bournemouth, under Eddie Howe , championed for his football philosophy, and almost certainly will be the next England manager ? ( same as Jokanovic or a lot of the other teams he will be linked with)

If the Doctor is serious about gaining promotion,he should do everything he possibly can to keep Jack Grealish at this club.
Due to these financial restrictions we will be in a very sticky position and there are no more second chances.The decisions the club makes between now and kick off in August are crucial to our long term future.
Keeping hold of Grealish is an absolute MUST.Willingly selling him would be like nailing your own coffin down.

Does it matter how a person gets in side Mike ?

David Platt only scored that winner v Belgium as he replaced an injured player from the subs bench. Alan Hutton only replaced De Laet and Taylor coz they got injured. Ashley Young and Fabian Delph are only playing full backs because the first choice got injured

The fact is, it is about what happens when you get the chance, and the fact Ashley Westwood started 19 Premier League games last season shows when he got the chance, he took it - because if he hadn't - he wouldn't have started them

Wierd !

Steve bull should have signed for big Ron, always liked bully and the story about him calling linekar a big eared ****** because he was taking the piss out of his accent.

Does it matter how a person gets in side Mike ?

David Platt only scored that winner v Belgium as he replaced an injured player from the subs bench. Alan Hutton only replaced De Laet and Taylor coz they got injured. Ashley Young and Fabian Delph are only playing full backs because the first choice got injured

The fact is, it is about what happens when you get the chance, and the fact Ashley Westwood started 19 Premier League games last season shows when he got the chance, he took it - because if he hadn't - he wouldn't have started them

Wierd !
Clearly it matters, Jack only got in because 'sic' Andre Green got injured.

Westwood-
2 games in Aug
3 games in Sep
2 in Oct
1 Nov
1 Dec
2 Jan
1 Feb
3 Mar
5 Apr
2 May

Westwood made the most of his opportunities.

McParland - good points but I would say for development wise, where would Jack be better. With Steve Bruce (we all know how he plays) or, lets say, at Bournemouth, under Eddie Howe , championed for his football philosophy, and almost certainly will be the next England manager ? ( same as Jokanovic or a lot of the other teams he will be linked with)

Totally unimpressed with Eddie Howe or anything to do with Bournemouth. He's better off here, where it's an environment where he seems to be flourishing. Fact.

Sell him for £20M, £30M? No way. That sort of money is gone in an instant these days. This club may be constrained by FFP, but I suspect an awful lot has been put right financially, and I don't think we're anywhere near financial trouble. We already have good players, even with the loanees disappearing. Keep those players, sign one or two critical players, get in a few loanees, play the youth, and we can afford Jack.

Steve bull should have signed for big Ron, always liked bully and the story about him calling linekar a big eared ****** because he was taking the piss out of his accent.

Always admired Steve Bull for his loyalty to Wolves, admittedly a move was less about money then. His story will be told by generations of Wolves fans, long after he has passed on. A true footballing legend, not just a decent mercenary footballer who scored goals at the highest level.

Lets face it there's been a lot of them, Lineker being one. Couldn't ever imagine him putting any club before himself. Cried like a baby when GT rightly substituted him in his last game for England.

Guess I'm just an old romantic at heart but for me Jack's future should be helping his boyhood team back where they belong and spending his best years torturing defences for Villa and England. As with Bully, after a 20 year career, the Doug Ellis stand is renamed after him in recognition of his achievements.

Yes, I did read Score n Roar, later Scorcher and Score as a kid. How we could do with Billy and his boots and Hotshot Hamish next season.

Players who stick with one club sometimes make the right decision. They may have a better sense of who they are and what they need.

Tiss at Southampton was another. Great player.

I think that it's inevitable that Jack will be gone to balance the books.

Leicester have said that they will spend up to £40m on a replacement for Mahrez and that sort of money would balance the books on it's own.

it's the only way for established championship clubs to remain 'sustainable' - £40 Mill will be a stretch though I'd have thought unless there is genuine interest from other teams and it's common knowledge we're potless and desperate

It’s fair to say if we manage to get anywhere near to £40m, with the savings already made to wages with those thay have left, we would be pretty much sorted for the year.

The issue would be how much would we have to spend to get any sort of decent replacement to bring creativity to this side as without Jack, with Snodgrass already gone... what else is there?

Selling Jack is just an easy fix, which would signal our lack of ambition. Not a route we should go down, unless the price is so big as to be impossible to refuse.

We haven't the faintest idea at the moment what cuts are needed and what the implications are. The way ahead needs very, very careful planning, with all the factors known. Wyness & Co may know, or may just be working it out. Until that way ahead has been established, it's impossible to say anything about Jack's position.

If selling Jack is essential, then we really are in a dire state, rather than just an awkward one.