The player who left thread | Page 65 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

Yes that was what I was trying to say MTG.

I wouldn't even answer to 20 million but 40 million would be hard to ignore.

No matter what has happened over the last few years, losing Jack would be the biggest kick in the balls.

Especially as he is rapidly becoming the player we all hoped he would.

I really hope it doesn't happen and we can somehow get around it. Sell 10 other players to raise £40m.

If a premier league side offered £40m for Grealish then I would take the money and run. Good player, good potential, £40m? No way. Maybe half that or closer to £25m would be more realistic for a player currently in the championship, not that I would want to sell him but realistically in our position that would be a lot of money

I certainly don't want Jack to be sold, but if we must, it has to be player(s) plus cash for me - if suitable are available from whoever.

D
If a premier league side offered £40m for Grealish then I would take the money and run. Good player, good potential, £40m? No way. Maybe half that or closer to £25m would be more realistic for a player currently in the championship, not that I would want to sell him but realistically in our position that would be a lot of money
Drinkwater was 38 million. Walcott was 23 million. Both are almost 30 years old. Oxlaide Chanberlain was 40 million (and out of contract within six months). Mahrez projected to go for 75 million. At 22 and with the ability he has Grealish has got to be worth at least 40 million.
(Sorry I can’t insert pound signs cause this stupid US keyboard hasn’t got one!)

Selling Grealish for just £20m only means £20m if the cash is one lump. They almost always aren't. £20m over 4 years is £5 per year.

I wouldn't sell Grealish for £40m let alone £20m. He's a PL quality player in spite of his lack of experience. And for PL players of that quality £40m is peanuts.

Forget about him playing in the Championship, and us being in the Championship. He's worth more than that. If a PL club agrees, fair enough. If one doesn't, keep. Jack represents our best chance of promotion, and to get anywhere near replacing what he gives us would cost. Sell, and we're back to mid-table Championship being good enough for us, and it's not, at least for me. We need realism but we also need ambition.

If Manchester United came in with a bid of £60m + Sam Johnstone, and a loan back for a year, maybe I'd think about it. But a real £60; £15m over 4 years is not the same.

He is an asset and good enough for thr top flght , he would fly in a good team .£40m and tuenzabe and johnstone for the season with 20%. Sell on clause.

Surely a no brainer. The state we are in means that whereever the money goes be it into new players, or more likely, to balance FFP by christ we need it

For start I rate Grealish I think he is a real talent and I don't want to sell him but we cannot afford to sniff at 40 million. He isn't worth it for a start, not yet, so we are getting money over and above what we should. Half a decent championship season and an fa cup semi final in 2015 is his c.v and if someone wants to gamble that on him more fool them. They will be the ones in our predicament before long throwing that amount at Grealish current level type players.

I'm not into moral crusades about sending the wrong message etc. We are not that sort of club, no different to the ending MON days when we couldn't keep Young, Barry, Milner, Downing. Or go back to Yorkie. Some of those sales were financial of course but some were players ambition related. If Arsenal get their players cherry picked then we sure as hell will get ours cherry picked. Whether we need/want to or not.

40 million yes please .

And if selling one player is for the greater good for a club that was here 130 odd years before that player was born then yes sell

D

Drinkwater was 38 million. Walcott was 23 million. Both are almost 30 years old. Oxlaide Chanberlain was 40 million (and out of contract within six months). Mahrez projected to go for 75 million. At 22 and with the ability he has Grealish has got to be worth at least 40 million.
(Sorry I can’t insert pound signs cause this stupid US keyboard hasn’t got one!)

None of those are championship players or were playing for championship clubs though so there is a difference.

We are a championship club with far less money, it would therefore be much more difficult for us to turn down a substantial bid.

Grealish is currently a very good championship player but potentially has a question mark over his premier league ability - especially if the fee is as large as £40m. You are comparing transfer fees of players who have proven themselves in the premier league, and are playing at clubs who are in the premier league who have no financial need or benefit to sell key players except for stupid prices

If Grealish was playing like he has been recently but it was in the premier league then no doubt £40m or maybe even more, but he has only been performing this well in the championship so to me that limits his value enormously. Fair play to the club if they can negotiate £40m for him but to put into context the highest transfer fee received for a championship player (excluding teams just relegated) is £15m

Stop making assumptions about our financial situation. None of us has the faintest as to what the situation actually is, and what we need to do to live with it. If we did sell Jack sell him for more than a measly £40m. He not only has exceptional quality, he has youth on his side. He's PL quality NOW and has no need to prove it.

Thinking about my suggestion above, I might actually take £60m in 3 installments of £20m per year with a 1 year loan back plus Johnstone, from MU. If we really had to sell. I suspect we don't.