The player who left thread | Page 566 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

Lots of question marks about this - his lifestyle, level of fitness, commitment, his form, his injuries, where he fits in to the team, BUT, £50m sounds like a good deal for what he could bring. Anything south of £50m and it becomes very attractive.

And I’m one of those who is very sceptical about his return - could be another Coutinho. Probably pure speculation, but worth the conversation.

He’d probably thrive in Italy or Germany, but could he live there and learn the language? Don’t think he’s ever faced adversity in his life, always being told he’s the “golden child”. How he reacts will tell us a lot about the guy and the press saying he wants to run away, suggests he’s got a lot to prove.

He’s playing with some unbelievable players and can’t make a mark, don’t know how he could fit back in at Villa, but if Unai wanted him, I’d trust his judgement.

Thought Guardiola's actions towards Grealish at the end of their game vs Arsenal was harsh, not the first time Pep has done it to one of his players - best to save the arguments to behind closed doors in my opinion. I'd love for us to bring him back, I don't think it's a particularly happy marriage up there so hopefully he could be available, depends if Man City are prepared to take a loss on him though, for FFP purposes his value is £50m this summer but with £16m annual amortisation, £250k wages and goodness knows how much in bonuses would they be prepared to sell for £35-40m?

Don’t buy this moved on thing. Particularly as it’s a negative. We have moved on but we have moved on to a place that would suit Jack as a team player and not the Jack who left us and the burden on him.

You gotta be kidding right?, that a player with his ball retention ability wouldn’t suit Unai ball ? .

We are not the Villa that Jack left . He is not the Jack that left us. He is better. No way Pep has not improved him but is not being used to his strengths as those around him don’t need him to do what we needed him to.

Imho, if people were really being honest the reason why they recoil at him coming back is because he is called Jack Grealish and he left the club to win the treble. He played for us and left. He is called Jack Grealish. If you stripped that all away and just took him as a player who was the record transfer from another club to Man City who has then won the lot, played for his country at tournaments and had all that behind him then i am convinced that there wouldn’t be a debate .

Citeh take most players use them and spit them out. Don’t make them bad players who have got worse.

I remember Shoot magazine had David Platt on the cover in a Villa kit while he was at Sampdoria saying he had re-joined Villa.

I was so excited when I saw it in the shop so picked it up and flicked through it just to find it was an April Fool's joke.

Wankers.

I remember when Platty joined Bari and wore their kit to kick off a friendly game at VP. It didn't go down well with our supporters.

It's just an April fools joke. But Grealish makes us better. We've moved on. Yes. But Grealish is maybe half a step up in quality on what we have.

If he came back and recaptured the form of his final seasons then it would be Dreamland.

But that's only one possible outcome - there are a whole host of less favourable and possibly more likely outcomes.

In any case I think the finance of this deal probably puts it's beyond us next summer - and we have Bailey and Diaby two very good players who can perform a similar role for us.

I really don't see the club throwing huge amounts of cash at what would be a high risk nostalgia trip.

If he came back and recaptured the form of his final seasons then it would be Dreamland.

But that's only one possible outcome - there are a whole host of less favourable and possibly more likely outcomes.

In any case I think the finance of this deal probably puts it's beyond us next summer - and we have Bailey and Diaby two very good players who can perform a similar role for us.

I really don't see the club throwing huge amounts of cash at what would be a high risk nostalgia trip.
How many bad games did you see Grealish have in a bang average or shit villa team?