The player who left thread | Page 565 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

Would absolutely love him.back. Huge talent. Unei would have him firing on all cylinders. He's still a young player, he's just shackled by the system.
Yep.
Some grown adults are still clearly not over the fact a footballer left a football club to win trophies try and better himself and secure his family for generations.

Wonderful player who has plenty of football left in him wherever he goes.

Would absolutely love him.back. Huge talent. Unei would have him firing on all cylinders. He's still a young player, he's just shackled by the system.
Totally agree.
Imagine Grealish now under Unai? With JJ, Watkins, diaby and Bailey making runs for him just to ping to.

We have moved on. Yes. We have. But just imagine peak Grealish in our squad now.

I’m still not sure what we have supposed to have moved on from.
We have had a great player with us .He is still a great player who would be an addition whether we still had Deano or any other manager including Unai.

Imagine if Jack hadn’t played for us would we be saying no to him. Of course not . Imagine if he wasn’t a Villa fan who moved on. Would we be saying no so readily ? .
Fans are weird . Jack seems to be the devil incarnate for playing for us from the ranks and moving on. Yet Milner comes in for a season or two , fucks off in no time and is treated like a hero on his return.

Don’t tell me it’s not salty fans around Jack.

Not sure people realise, when he moved for his career, he didn't surrender being a Villa fan.

It really is simple. The rest? Just the day job, you go where the money is best, or the chance of winning/progressing is best. If we had the current set up, who knows, he might not have gone, but then again, for FFP, he might not have had the choice.

Not sure people realise, when he moved for his career, he didn't surrender being a Villa fan.

It really is simple. The rest? Just the day job, you go where the money is best, or the chance of winning/progressing is best. If we had the current set up, who knows, he might not have gone, but then again, for FFP, he might not have had the choice.

Exactly. No doubting what a passionate villa fan he was/is.

No doubting how good he was for us.

There is a definite doubt over whether he's peaked or not though. His party boy lifestyle will definitely have shortened his career, it's just a case of by how much.

I'm not convinced any club signing him now would get much out of him in the medium to long term. Certainly not for the money that would be involved.

But as said, on a free, on a short deal, I'd definitely take him.

Bailey will prob get more goals and assists for us this season than his most productive season for us.
So to the point above - if he hadn't played for us I don't think they'd be much clamour for him at all tbh
(I'd imagine there'd be more comments about diving than owt else)

I think Villa fans of about my age or younger will see him as the best player they've ever seen play for the club. Those older than that will have more options to choose from on that front but I'd be surprised if he didn't make most Villa fans top 5 of all time at least.

In terms of his career he made the right move. More money, more England caps than he would have got with us and trophies. In terms of his legacy I'm still convinced he would have been better off with us.

He will mainly be remembered by non Villa fans as an expensive flop. Unfair perhaps but that's what will happen. City fans will only chuckle at his celebrations but remember Haaland, Silva, KDB etc doing it on the pitch.

He's won the game but damned himself in the process. However I would still love to see him back in a Villa shirt. Him playing off Ollie now with the team we have would be something to reckon with. Can't see it happening but I do think he'll be off in the summer.

When he was with us there was massive nationwide clamour for him to be starting for England, so much so that Beaky had to swallow his dislike of anything Villa related and pick and play him. Now he's at Citeh, tho he's still making squads, there's absolutely Jack shit,pun intended, furore for him to be given game time.
Sad really given the talent he's got/had but we've moved on as a TEAM now. That being said, if he could rediscover his mojo, he would be a good fit for the football Unai has us playing

Wonderful player , one of the best I have seen in a Villa shirt , but I do wonder if he has peaked , or he needs to change his "lifestyle" and try and get back to what he was a year ago.

He's not a kid anymore.
Thats my worry, we don't know what we're getting back and we'll have to pay a huge sum for him.

Unai isn't a wizard, he seems like it but Coutinho was beyond him and understandably so. Would Jack be? Thats the closest comparison I can give.

Its a pity because prime Jack fits this team like a glove and you can rotate between playing him in JJs spot or behind Ollie.

If he leaves Ci£y it won't be on a free (where did that come from). And he won't leave for a paycut so someone needs to be finding+£300,000 per week. This summer he will be halfway through a 6 year deal . If they sell him it will be big money again , north of £50m easily

As was pointed out with other players joining Citeh they take time to bed in. This happened to Jack in his first season. But he still played enough and won the league.

He had a brilliant second season ( last season) won the treble and was a massive part of it and played in all the competitions including starting the champions league semi and final.

This season is a drop off no doubt for whatever reason. I think he partied to much after the treble. It wasn't a great look. Its knocked on into this season.

But ffs he is far from finished. Of note Pep has had a 'pop' at KDB and Haaland recently. It's psychological management and him doing it to Jack isn't some big fall out.

I think J Terry had a good rapport with him and can be credited with having a good influence on him during his time with us.

One good season out of 3, I doubt there’s many CIteh fans who think he’s justified the massive fee they paid for him. They perhaps thought they would get the Jack who took players on when he was with us, and either left them for dead or won a free kick. How De Bruyne, Silva and others would have profited from all those free kicks.
I’m not sure it’s been a case of it being coached out of him, Doku for example constantly tries to go past his marker as do others in the team.
It was his trademark at Villa, what he was really good at, so why coach that out of him.
Maybe he just lost the confidence to do it after a slow start at City or perhaps he knows he just can’t do it anymore. Didn’t he suffer with a stress fracture with us, some players never completely recover from those and are never the same player afterwards. I agree he is still a good player but he was a better and more effective player before.

Yep.
Some grown adults are still clearly not over the fact a footballer left a football club to win trophies try and better himself and secure his family for generations.

Wonderful player who has plenty of football left in him wherever he goes.
I'd have him back tomorrow, he's the best player I've ever seen in a Villa shirt but I also think he is a piss head chav twat of the highest order.