The player who left thread | Page 419 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

Well "Spurs legend" and pundit Paul Stewart thinks Harry Winks would be an ideal replacement. I think that just about takes first prize (in a very crowded field) of complete nobodies talking complete bollocks about completely anything.

Utter bollocks, even Ashley Young is a better “replacement” one where you don’t even need to fabricate the story🤦🏻‍♂️

Well "Spurs legend" and pundit Paul Stewart thinks Harry Winks would be an ideal replacement. I think that just about takes first prize (in a very crowded field) of complete nobodies talking complete bollocks about completely anything.
He has obviously never seen him play. One is a "neat and tidy" central midfielder sideways pass merchant, one is a fearless attacker who can dribble, pass into the box, score goals, assist. Shocking comparison really.

Apologies Hifidelity - I did not express myself particularly well. This comment was aimed at the "pundits" who regularly assert that there is indeed a buyout clause without the slightest evidence to back it up,

I am sure I have seen that AVFC have denied the existence of a buyout clause (repeatedly is probably over egging it). I'll have a ferret round. I also know that AVFC are now run by some pretty cute cookies indeed!

I'm 99% certain they haven't talked about his or anyone else's contract. So would love to see it if they have, as my opinion (only an opinion) is the agent would have made sure there was one, it is how they operate now, to give players even more power and to have the whip hand for their clients.

I hate agents and what they have brought to our game!

AVFC have repeatedly said that there is no buyout clause in Grealish's contract. To say otherwise is effectively calling the club bloody liars. Which I for one as a lifelong fan find insulting.

I am amused that now it is becoming clear that JG will more than likely stay at the club, these clickbaiters are claiming that he is having "second thoughts" as a way of saving face. How do these idiots know that he ever had any first thoughts?

Some American "sources" are claiming that Grealish has agreed terms with MCFC. This is a bit rich seeing that they think he plays quarterback for the Bay City Rollers.
Clubs will always try to spin things a certain way for the fans and also to extract maximum from any opposition club. I wouldn't spend too much time analysing what the club has to say about such matters. How many times last season were we spun a line that Jack would be back for the next game and was only suffering from a minor injury?

According to that well known London/Manchester rag and bastion of all truth and knowledge the Daily Express: "Jack Grealish is interesting some of the Premier League’s biggest sides after his phenomenal performances for Aston Villa last season. Tottenham, Manchester United, Arsenal, and Manchester City have all been linked with the England international. "

Must be some mistake here? Tottenham one of the Premier League's biggest sides? As an ex girlfriend once said to me after I had jettisoned her and had second thoughts: "You've had your chance mate".

Last edited:
According to that well known London/Manchester rag and bastion of all truth and knowledge the Daily Express: "Jack Grealish is interesting some of the Premier League’s biggest sides after his phenomenal performances for Aston Villa last season. Tottenham, Manchester United, Arsenal, and Manchester City have all been linked with the England international. "

Must be some mistake here? Tottenham one of the Premier League's biggest sides? As an ex girlfriend once said to me after I had jettisoned her and had second thoughts: "You've had your chance mate".
Tottenham! Well that blows a huge hole in the credibility of that load of bollocks.

Regarding Jack's supposed buy out clause, this is one of the pages I was referring to:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sp...ack-grealish-release-clause-transfer-17449083

I don't live in the area any more and I am not familiar with this site. I am, of course, assuming that this site is reliable. I reckon that this no buyout clause policy is a result of what that snake Delph did to us.

That was from a tweet from Sky reporter (good guy, I know him) from Dec 2019. So that was his previous contract, I think he had yet another new one last summer (2020)

As for Delph, we've done this before (not you!) and many disagree with me, but he could have left on a free, said he owed Randy and the club not to. The media guy was new in at the time, regrets what followed. So although it was horrible how he left, it could have been worse, shame he came out with the quotes and such a fuss (before the one match) was made, as his intentions of not leaving for nothing was actually good having been supported so much through his injuries.

Said weeks ago, the whispers from very decent areas are certainly confident that Jack isn't going anywhere. I always like things to be concrete mind you, as things do change quickly in football (i.e. years ago, I remember the one day we approached for Milner Villa were told he wasn't for sale, the next day Newcastle changed their mind and said they would... that is 100% fact!)

Said weeks ago, the whispers from very decent areas are certainly confident that Jack isn't going anywhere. I always like things to be concrete mind you, as things do change quickly in football (i.e. years ago, I remember the one day we approached for Milner Villa were told he wasn't for sale, the next day Newcastle changed their mind and said they would... that is 100% fact!)

Well he has gone to Mykanos so technically he has gone somewhere.

Jack likes to play week in week out so going to City would mean he would most likely be often rested to enable some other player to get a game.

Pep likes Jack but given a choice of buying Jack to go alongside all his other midfielders or a badly needed striker then it's going to be Harry Kane being the big-money signing at Man City.

Talk of Spurs, Arsenal, etc interested in Jack is laughable, and in my opinion, is nothing more than clickbait from desperate local journalists worried they may not even have a newspaper to write in next year.

I'm convinced Jack Grealish will be in a Villa shirt this forthcoming season and how that season pans out for the Villa will determine for season 22-23?

Of course, no one knows for sure but I think I'm right!?

They never tried to sell Matt Le Tissier (another fantastic midfielder) like they do Jack, and that’s all down to click bait advertising, nothing more, they couldn’t give a shit whether he plays for us or them as long as we click on their site, and that’s why I click on nothing to do with Jack, I mean the headline “Jack Grealish agrees personal terms with Man City” they’re so blatant with their BS, you just have to laugh.
Looking at the above (and I appreciate you were speaking in general terms Eltoro), wouldn't it be fantastic if somebody like Grealish sued for stating he had, "agreed terms with City". I'm sure he or the club would have every right to sue if it is an utter bulls*#t statement as it could undermine the relationship between player and club.

Perhaps it needs this to happen and then these so called journos could resort to the ever popular, "it is alleged " and we would all know immediately that it was BS and not waste a moment on it.