The player who left thread | Page 236 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

I find all these stats about Jack very academic. I also think he plays up to them for his own ego/value, and sometimes that’s not the right way to play.

When he passes and moves to receive the ball again quickly, he can be just as dangerous. I’d like to see him do that more often when we’re in the front foot.
Definitely. I posted without comment.

But had I commented, I might have suggested that stat shows he holds on to the ball too long and perhaps slows us down at times, something many on here agree with and have mentioned throughout the season.

I find all these stats about Jack very academic. I also think he plays up to them for his own ego/value, and sometimes that’s not the right way to play.

When he passes and moves to receive the ball again quickly, he can be just as dangerous. I’d like to see him do that more often when we’re in the front foot.
Chances created is good stat to look at as it shows the direct impact in the attacking third, and Jack is right up there this season. Agree things like “distance dribbled” or “fouls won” say very little about actual effectiveness

Definitely. I posted without comment.

But had I commented, I might have suggested that stat shows he holds on to the ball too long and perhaps slows us down at times, something many on here agree with and have mentioned throughout the season.

I still think a large part of that is due to the fact he does not trust some of the other players. Get better around him and lets see then? He may not sound the sharpest tool in the box but he does a lot right on a pitch. He is as natural a footballer as i have seen in a very long time.

It's funny when other people try to to evaluate our players. It's not what they're worth as a footballer, it's what they're worth to us!

If Utd fans think he's worth £40m, do they really expect to get him for that, even if he truly is worth that amount? Are they thick?

If United want to know how much Grealish is worth ask yourself this. If you could keep Jack or swap him for Macguire and £20m would you do the deal?

I would rather keep Grealish so that puts him in the £100m+ category for me.

We're a Premier League side with rich owners, we hold all the cards. Without him we'd be going down with a similar points tally to 2015-2016, so his value to us is pretty much the value of staying in the premier league, which is massive.

Man U are the top of the tree when it comes to arrogance, they scrape qualification for Champions league and now come the big I am. They will be just as terrible next season. Hell would freeze over before any self respecting Villa fan should play for that pile of steaming shite.

Anyway here is a nice video.

We're a Premier League side with rich owners, we hold all the cards. Without him we'd be going down with a similar points tally to 2015-2016, so his value to us is pretty much the value of staying in the premier league, which is massive.
I remember saying, when we looked certs for relegation that I hoped that Grealish (and Mings) would move on quickly once the window opened so that we didn't have to deal with a summer of BS media stories about where he was going and for how much. Unfortunately, us staying in the league means that media BS is now ramped up beyond belief....

If United want to know how much Grealish is worth ask yourself this. If you could keep Jack or swap him for Macguire and £20m would you do the deal?

I would rather keep Grealish so that puts him in the £100m+ category for me.

Maguire is worth £20m at best.

See the papers putting the boot in again on Jack, Dele Alli and Maddison re lack of social distancing on holiday together in Spain.

I suppose the real story comes when he gets back, so the papers can see if he is social distancing or not. (Quarentine)

Last edited:
Footballers are entitled to 3 consecutive weeks off aren’t they? Or something like that, I read about it not long ago but can’t remember the details exactly. So assuming they’ve gone to Ibiza for a week and come back and self isolate for 2 then nothing much to see there. Not like they’re social distancing in training or on the pitch anyway.