The player who left thread | Page 199 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

I find it very hard to believe he might’ve been with ross McCormack, id imagine he’s long since left Birmingham. His family stayed in London which was part of the problem, be surprised if he isn’t back there with them, especially right now.

Having run a large forum in the past, I know this does happen and people really need to think what they post online. Are you likely to get sued - perhaps not, but it can and has happened in the past. As mike says, it doesn't have to get to court for you to end up with legal bills.

More likely you'll cast the site in a bad light and cause the owners problems.

So in short, if you can't back something up with facts where accusations of drink, drugs and debauchery are concerned, simply don't post it online.

:cheers:

I just hope the club are above board on this one, I trust the club that we all love and respect are happy to back jack through their lack of a statement and have performed the necessary checks on him over the last 24 hour or so for us all to move on...

Last edited:
I’ve never saw him as captain anyway so if that does get taken away no big deal, hand it to mings, he’s the real leader imo.

I agree, easy to say now though I may have put it in here, to me I don’t think he ever was the right captain for the campaign but it’s difficult to change a captain mid season or after promotion. Now is the perfect time though and it helps him manufacture his move.

His leadership style is one where he drives the team on and leads by example, but he’s not an organiser, motivator nor does control set pieces. A captain needs to occasionally step in to take over, slow it down and let players get forward, tell someone over it (el Ghazi) to get lost.

It’s the perfect time with ten games or whatever’s left to take the captaincy off jack post this, gives it to Mings who’s primary job is to keep the ball out which might give the other ten players a kick up the arse and think a bit differently.

Let’s be honest, the Euros being delayed is a few nails in the coffin for his villa career because jack is struggling to get in the squad even playing for us in the top flight let alone the championship. If he moves to a top 6 club hes guaranteed a place because of the way that big nosed twat Southgate thinks, so he’ll be desperate to leave.

Apparently household names and current England international.

Given the flak understandably going Jack's way - I'm interested in why they haven't named - unless they are simply stringing it out for extra clicks?
You're surely not suggesting that they were just made up? Wouldn't that be libeling the journalist who wrote the story or am I'm getting paranoid now?

You're surely not suggesting that they were just made up? Wouldn't that be libeling the journalist who wrote the story or am I'm getting paranoid now?
I read that as Mike suggesting they will name names over the next few days, drip feeding info so as to maintain interest in the story and generate more clicks.

I was talking to an ENT Registrar at Northwich Hospital this morning and he says it is swamped with the ill and sadly dying. He should be fined 2 weeks wages by the club and he should then add at least another two weeks himself and use the money to buy masks and other PPE for nurses and doctors.

Not all at, as there is no accusation of invention and nor do I blame the journalist who wrote the piece making the 2x claim because he has orders to follow from his Editor and legal department and they were likely told to save the reveal for a second story tomorrow once proper attribution had been gained and they had second/third sources on record to calm the lawyers down.

On top of that the outlet in question has a track record of this sort of thing to attract clicks, so my scepticism about their motives falls squarely under honest comment/justified comment/honestly held opinion (I'm too tired to remember the exact phrase at the moment my brain is going into shutdown lol) and moreover, it's industry practice to breadcrumb anyway...so accusing them of 'stringing it out' is actually industry practice, and not libel.

:wave: Believe it or not, given what I post, I do actually moderate myself as well lol

I agree, easy to say now though I may have put it in here, to me I don’t think he ever was the right captain for the campaign but it’s difficult to change a captain mid season or after promotion. Now is the perfect time though and it helps him manufacture his move.

His leadership style is one where he drives the team on and leads by example, but he’s not an organiser, motivator nor does control set pieces. A captain needs to occasionally step in to take over, slow it down and let players get forward, tell someone over it (el Ghazi) to get lost.

It’s the perfect time with ten games or whatever’s left to take the captaincy off jack post this, gives it to Mings who’s primary job is to keep the ball out which might give the other ten players a kick up the arse and think a bit differently.

Let’s be honest, the Euros being delayed is a few nails in the coffin for his villa career because jack is struggling to get in the squad even playing for us in the top flight let alone the championship. If he moves to a top 6 club hes guaranteed a place because of the way that big nosed twat Southgate thinks, so he’ll be desperate to leave.

Ive said it a few times on this forum in various threads and my comments have been mostly cast off as he’s the local, golden boy. Now hopefully others can see why he’s not captain material, he never was in my opinion. Mings is the captain without the armband and giving it to Jack was just a PR move, to give him, us (The fans) and the club a lift. I guess it worked but even so I never saw him as captain.

He’s not my favourite at the Villa and never has been (It’s McGinn FYI) but i do rate him highly as a player. I’ve been defending him somewhat the last day or so just to not give the blues and albion fans messaging me something to lord over, we don’t know all the facts so we can’t jump to solid conclusions but I guess anyone can make their own educated guess like some of the gutter press have been.

Previous comment edited: Looked up his Instagram and see he’s at home in Manchester with family. Didn’t know he had one! (Drinkwater)

Last edited:
PMSL

Are people aware you can accidentally defame multiple individuals by not giving enough details to identify them, if there is a direct arguable link as to why you meant them?

The same is true is reverse when you name people by taking guesses.

For those whose ears just perked up, if you can't delete your posts, I'm open to requests as a matter of membership service if you ask.

Ho Hum........

Clearly our own masseur being hospitalised was not enough to get the seriousness of this situation into Grealish’s thick skull. Seeing Gabby sending a message of support to him is even more depressing, but par for the recent course at our once great club.
Just what Jack needs right now, a glowing endorsement from Gabby....lol