The player who left thread | Page 198 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

Apparently household names and current England international.

Given the flak understandably going Jack's way - I'm interested in why they haven't named - unless they are simply stringing it out for extra clicks?

Jack, you have blown it big time even if you may or may not have been drunk at the time but they cannot prove either. If you want a drink or not stay at home to do it like just about everyone else.

I had hopes for you becoming the best player in my far too many years watching the Villa. It does not matter now what you do in the future, thats gone.

It hard to find the words to express how disapointed i am so i will not bother. All you had to do was sit on your sofa ffs.

Jack, you have blown it big time even if you may or may not have been drunk at the time but they cannot prove either. If you want a drink or not stay at home to do it like just about everyone else.

I had hopes for you becoming the best player in my far too many years watching the Villa. It does not matter now what you do in the future, thats gone.

It hard to find the words to express how disapointed i am so i will not bother. All you had to do was sit on your sofa ffs.

Yes, posted earlier, some of our granddads and great granddads fought in the wars, all we have to do is sit in our very nice homes. We should count our blessings.

It is the hypocrisy that he was telling everyone else what to do and then in that so called apology, he told people again.

Oh well, I'm going to turn off now and watch Ozark. Peace and love folks!

I cannot believe the Villa have not stripped him of being the captain? Thats just for ignoring the travel advice. God knows whay else went on? Hard to believe he just bumped his car? Sigh.

Apparently household names and current England international.

Given the flak understandably going Jack's way - I'm interested in why they haven't named - unless they are simply stringing it out for extra clicks?
Well Jack seems to hang around with Maddison a lot these days so I'd presume its him. Not many other England internationals around these parts these days.

The club sings “On the piss my lord on the piss” Pul McGrath is worshipped partly because he used to hardly train, drink and turn up and play a belter.

You don't think people get taken to court for libel?

I've had to deal with several serious events during my time running this network (not this site specifically) so please don't contradict a very fairly worded warning.

When I put up a warning on this site, which is rare, it isn't up for discussion.
I didn’t contradict anything....just asked a straight question. Never heard of a fanzine comment appearing in court.

There's something off with this kid. On the surface he's Mr Villa but when you dig deeper there are stories going back to the Remi Garde days of him not giving a toss and acting like a plank. He has immense talent but given his style of play at 24 he is currently at his peak and on the verge of not progressing. Not saying he has to be a puritan but if he cares so much just don't drink during the season. Not much to ask.

Good for us though as his attitude will be what keeps him at our level.

Never heard of a fanzine comment appearing in court.

I can't comment for other sites - but until the law changed, that's because (at least us) worked our bollocks off for hours (and still do when we can) to take the sting out of things and find a resolution that suited so it never got that far.

But I gave two examples, one footy related, that was off the top of my head. I know I'll find more and refresh myself if I delve into my note book but I can't be arsed.

Tis why when we give a polite public nudge (as others can attest to, I usually do it via PM when it's a one off posting), we want it to be listened to - not questioned as we're doing a favour for members who might not know the law on this front.

It doesn't have to end up in court to cost you time and money and most don't - but they cost time and money (and worry!) and it's not worth it for the sake of keeping some thoughts in your own head.

PMSL

Are people aware you can accidentally defame multiple individuals by not giving enough details to identify them, if there is a direct arguable link as to why you meant them?

The same is true is reverse when you name people by taking guesses.

For those whose ears just perked up, if you can't delete your posts, I'm open to requests as a matter of membership service if you ask.

It's been said Ross McCormack owns a luxury flat in that building. May or may not be the same flat.

How many wasters have made a mint off our club in the last 10 years? We must be known as the softest touch in England among players. Sign for Villa for a couple of years and make a fortune. Revolving door of knobheads and our home grown "star" is now the ring leader!

I can't comment for other sites - but until the law changed, that's because (at least us) worked our bollocks off for hours (and still do when we can) to take the sting out of things and find a resolution that suited so it never got that far.

But I gave two examples, one footy related, that was off the top of my head. I know I'll find more and refresh myself if I delve into my note book but I can't be arsed.

Tis why when we give a polite public nudge (as others can attest to, I usually do it via PM when it's a one off posting), we want it to be listened to - not questioned as we're doing a favour for members who might not know the law on this front.

It doesn't have to end up in court to cost you time and money and most don't - but they cost time and money (and worry!) and it's not worth it for the sake of keeping some thoughts in your own head.
Having run a large forum in the past, I know this does happen and people really need to think what they post online. Are you likely to get sued - perhaps not, but it can and has happened in the past. As mike says, it doesn't have to get to court for you to end up with legal bills.

More likely you'll cast the site in a bad light and cause the owners problems.

So in short, if you can't back something up with facts where accusations of drink, drugs and debauchery are concerned, simply don't post it online.