The player who left thread | Page 181 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

what about it does it say in the rules relegated teams must sell their best player , I'm not aware of any such rules. Our owners don't need the money

Fair point, but I think we might have an unhappy player on our hands. I just don't know how he could go from what he's done this season to go back to playing the likes of Hull and QPR, and having no hope of the England squad either. Not that I'd be complaining, I'd do anything to keep him.

If we stay up and he's in the England team then he'll stay.

Why wouldn't he? Paid a packet, for his boyhood club in the worlds best league and for his country.

I've no doubt he'll be off the year after to pursue European football.

However I agree if we go down, he deserves more than that league and we can't begrudge him of leaving. Will be a sad day when it happens.

I think he'll go eventually, for the simple reason that it's rarely a good idea to spend all your career at one place. The one exception would be if we become the new MU.

But when? If we're looking forwards to being in the PL next season and seriously building on this season then I can see him staying for several years. Under those conditions there are a lot of good reasons for staying.

he might be a steve bull player stay at is favourite club if he goes he will be sitting on the bench some of the time especially when new flavour of the month turns up like all big clubs cherry picking pisses me off the papers have him half sold already

he might be a steve bull player stay at is favourite club if he goes he will be sitting on the bench some of the time especially when new flavour of the month turns up like all big clubs cherry picking pisses me off the papers have him half sold already

Depends where he goes, honestly think the only big club he can go to where he'll always play is United or Chelsea and then you're saying what is the point if they don't make CL.

Pep won't play him every game even if he is their best player and I am not sure Jack fits into what Liverpool are doing. Seems too rigid for him to excel.

Spurs arent big enough, Leicester arent big enough, Barca or Madrid he could end up on the bench. If he wants to be seen and recognised he may as well stay at VP than go to the majority of teams in Europe.

Its a hard one, there is an opportunity at Barca with Messi getting on now, I could see him playing there. If am close to Jack and he is still in the EPL with us I am saying wait, get some guarantees from the club e.g. if they're not showing ambition in the summer or struggling at Christmas you've some sort of reasonable class in the contract.

More money.
Trophies.
Champions League Football.
The chance to test himself at the highest level.

If you were in his shoes, playing for the Villa, would you want to go to Man Utd? I wouldn't. Like Shearer at Newcastle, I'd much rather stay and play for my club. Winning something with the Villa would mean so much more than winning 3 league titles with Barca or Madrid.

Last edited: