The player who left thread | Page 179 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

I feel like he’s playing for a move now, he was the best outfield player on the pitch today a good margin. I genuinely think that his motivation as much as I want to believe he’s here til his dieing day to save us from relegation for the next decade... he isn’t.

He has been playing for a move for a while and was promised one under Xia. It would only take one tweet for Grealish to say that he wants to stay here for the rest of his career if that's what he was feeling and it hasn't been forthcoming. Keeping us up would be a nice soft way for him to leave without it all going sour with the fans. It's a funny one really considering how the fanbase has turned on other players who wanted to leave. He is the best player we've had at the club for at least a decade and when he does leave most of the fans will say it is the right thing to do.

Southgate - the bleeping big nose pizza box face penalty missing bleep - has already and will continue to put stupid things into Jacks mind.

I believe one of his biggest motivations will be playing and reaching the top with England, and every time he misses a call up what does he think? He needs to leave to get one.

If Grealish were to leave and cite England as a reason, Southgate should be banned from
VP for life. He’ll be my most hated man in football if that situation plays out.

Last edited:
He's not only the best English midfielder atm he's the best English player full stop. If he isn't starting at the euros it'll be a travesty of epic proportions.

Its bizarre to think as we sit 17th we could still stay up, win a cup, keep Jack and watch him win England he euros.

I am not sure who Jack's agent is but it seems like he has agents everywhere at the and Parlour and Brazil were touting him around again this morning on TalkShite - they reckon that Yanited could sign him for £50m tops.
If that donkey that skewered Batsuyai's knackers with his boot last night is worth £80m then Jack is worth double that - at least.

I am not sure who Jack's agent is but it seems like he has agents everywhere at the and Parlour and Brazil were touting him around again this morning on TalkShite - they reckon that Yanited could sign him for £50m tops.
If that donkey that skewered Batsuyai's knackers with his boot last night is worth £80m then Jack is worth double that - at least.

Unless there’s a 50m clause in his contract. Which would be a real bummer because he’s worth twice that.

If there was a 50m clause, can that be activated at any time? Surely even Arsenal or Leicester could afford that?

All this talk about will he go/won't he go is totally irrelevant.

All we know for sure is that we have 12 games and a cup final left this season, all of which we would hope he plays.

Then there's the Euros (he's a shoo-in for the England squad surely?) and then we'll see. He might go, he might not. He might break his leg in the Euros and he'll be going nowhere.

Just idle media talk and the likes of Ray Parlour and Fat Boy Brazil should be treated with the contempt they deserve.

He’ll stay if we stay up, he’ll go if we don’t.

Pretty clear to me.

We have 12 cup finals in the league and 1 league cup, problem is Jack is the only player who plays like they are.
Don't forget... we will be singing soon

We've got McGinn,
Super John McGinn,
Just don't think you understand.....

That will lift the whole team and we will end on a high.

We can't blame him if he does move on at the end of the season, whether we stay up or not. Jack's a young man playing the best football of his career, wouldn't any of us want to win things and earn mega bucks..... are those "2" things going to happen a Villa in the near future??

We can keep repeating this to make ourselves feel better but it's not really clear at all. Unless you have inside information...

I do indeed have inside info, Jack is very happy at Villa and only signed a new 5-year contract last year.
unless anyone knows any different or has inside info the contrary?

Seems to be some mind readers on here and in the media especially the media who haven't factored in Jack is already at his dream club and he's not driven by money

I do indeed have inside info, Jack is very happy at Villa and only signed a new 5-year contract last year.
unless anyone knows any different or has inside info the contrary?

Seems to be some mind readers on here and in the media especially the media who haven't factored in Jack is already at his dream club and he's not driven by money
Actual no, I think being so certain he's staying is being a 'mind reader'. None of it is clear to me. Only time will tell.