The player who left thread | Page 116 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

Would he sign for 5 years knowing the clown in charge is here for the Forse able future which would do his progression no good whatsoever. If I was jack I'd have sat tight and waited for a move. Hopefully he's signed because he has been told we will have a new management team soon.

Good lad. Legend in the making. Still work in progress but I think he'll get there, so long as the club improves with him.

A statement on intent from the owners. To the manager as much as anything. One of my big worries was Jack leaving in January to fund more loans in.

Think it means the club will put money where it can see a positive result from it. I think players will leave in January simply because the squad, even after the loans out, is too big. By shoving money in Jack's direction it may mean there's less likelyhood of yet more loans in (I hope) which would be a good thing.

The guy is just a very expensive lawnmower he spends most of the match lying on the ground eating grass.l would sale the guy and buy a cow

The guy is just a very expensive lawnmower he spends most of the match lying on the ground eating grass.l would sale the guy and buy a cow

lol. I know what you're saying but the day he gets some end product to his game then he becomes top drawer over night. Until then he's flattering to deceive. I think we should keep him for a while yet just in case.

I might be reading too much into this, but on the official site there are no quotes from Bruce and no picture with him and Grealish together signing the contract.....

Can't get excited more than him staying in the summer.

It's just a Fabian Delph style we can now get more or true value rather than cheap money.
Doesn't mean he is more committed in my eyes because if the right money and club comes in that offers him a higher level of football than we can, he will go.

Contracts?. Football ones are not worth the paper. Player power is king nowadays. If he decides he wants out he will move no matter how many years on his contract. Otherwise you get left with a Berahino situation and thats no good to us with a player not playing therefore he will go.

Yep I'm in a cynical mood today!. Especially after the farce going on with the team at the moment.

If we go up he'll stay. He we don't there'll be some clause saying he can leave if someone bids 20m or something. But then we all knew he'd be going if we didn't get promoted this season anyway. This just stops him going on the cheap with a year left on his contract.

Can't get excited more than him staying in the summer.

It's just a Fabian Delph style we can now get more or true value rather than cheap money.
Doesn't mean he is more committed in my eyes because if the right money and club comes in that offers him a higher level of football than we can, he will go.

Contracts?. Football ones are not worth the paper. Player power is king nowadays. If he decides he wants out he will move no matter how many years on his contract. Otherwise you get left with a Berahino situation and thats no good to us with a player not playing therefore he will go.

Yep I'm in a cynical mood today!. Especially after the farce going on with the team at the moment.

The vibes tell me that he isn't looking to leave, and that in principal he's committed to being with us for the foreseeable future; that's really as much as one can wish for. And if he does leave we'll get a good whack.

He'll go at some point, all players do. But this is good news for the club. A lot better than "Jack will have to be sold" or "Spurs have raised their bid by 6d to 1/-".

Wonder what the release clauses are...

My first thoughts.

It’s a Suarez situation, I’ll sign up for another season but I’m guaranteed to go if someone meets my valuation.

To be fair, I won’t blame him if he wants to progress next summer as we won’t be going up at this rate, plus we’ve built in his future value.

I think super Jack will be a better player with better players around him. If the movement is there he will find them , but how many times do him and McGinn for that matte rget on the ball , look up and see no one moving ?

Jack's got pretty good players around him. It's up to the style of play and that's down to the manager.

A good yard stick if we're looking for another manager is would the manager see the potential in Jack (and other players) and get the best out of him?