The Philippe Coutinho Thread | Page 40 | Vital Football

The Philippe Coutinho Thread

I don't think he's 100% sharp and that's why he fell over the ball in their box in the second half. I think he'll be fitter and stronger next season.

The first time I've actually seen a bit of South American in him is when he decked that Liverpool player last night because the ref never gave us a free kick for the umteenth time. I thought yet he's got that nasty streak in him after all

Ah yes, I remember the incident where Buendia got beaten on the wing, turned to chase then just gave up. A couple of weeks back an injured Bailey did the same thing and got pelters from people for it
I dont think he's a bad player, but I just cant see this genius that others do.

Me neither. Last night the fan boy (their words not mine) said they couldn’t see how Coutinho starts ahead of Buendia and has said Buendia is simply a better player. I get people have favourites but there is literally no sense, balance or evidence of it. Unless a goal and assist against Burnley counts as overwhelming evidence to back it up.

How is it difficult to see that an ex Inter, Liverpool, Barca, Bayern , 60 cap Brazilian international player who was transferred for 140 million 3 years ago is better placed to start over an ex Getafe , Norwich player with one international cap.

I recommend a trip to spec savers.