The Ollie Watkins Thread | Page 53 | Vital Football

The Ollie Watkins Thread

Got plenty of stick this season, some of it justified but thought it was his best game of the season yesterday. Worked his arse off which he always does tbf but hold and link up play was so much better than it has been. Love the lad’s attitude though, whatever deficiencies he may have and judging by Gerrard’s comments about him last week, he already thinks the same.

I think we will find out. One school of thought is if you can't take a good touch at 25/ 26 years old you never will.

Although I think some of the technical flaws behind his inability to shield the ball can be improved. He doesn't get his body across well for starters, I'm sure this can be taught.
He could do worse than watch McGinn, who is a swine to shift of the ball.
Perhaps he needs to build his upper body strength a bit.

Credit where it’s due - I’ve been critical of him as I think for his own good he needs to step up and improve his touch and basic control - but last night he was on it and deserved his goal. Great work rate pressing from the front, seems like the change of manager has been a good thing for him as he was probably getting a bit too comfortable

Not a bad showing for a Championship level wide player.

He was brilliant. Running, strength, touch, quick passing and an amazing take for his goal. Hope that's him back to his best and even progressing.

Not a bad showing for a Championship level wide player.

He was brilliant. Running, strength, touch, quick passing and an amazing take for his goal. Hope that's him back to his best and even progressing.

Bit harsh.

Lower mid table premier league level

Arsenal interested in Ollie, with Aubameyang on his way out is the rumour. Can definitely see Aubameyang leaving.

Considering he's an Arsenal fan, it could be a dream move for him. If the price was right would you let him go?

Arsenal interested in Ollie, with Aubameyang on his way out is the rumour. Can definitely see Aubameyang leaving.

Considering he's an Arsenal fan, it could be a dream move for him. If the price was right would you let him go?

Certainly replaceable.

Depends who the replacement is though . No point if there isn’t an upgrade. If there is an upgrade on the quality out there somewhere to be signed then….yep. We could do with a better all round forward.

Last edited: