The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread | Page 51 | Vital Football

The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread

Well, it appears we can forget about the possibilty of getting Tammy Abraham from what's being reported.

We haven't got an out n out striker to go into the PL with as it stands. Austin can do one, Maupay, I don't know, but we need someone in like PDQ!

It could end up like going to play at Wimbledon but not taking your tennis rackets!

I knew we should not have let McCormack go.

Well, it appears we can forget about the possibilty of getting Tammy Abraham from what's being reported.

We haven't got an out n out striker to go into the PL with as it stands. Austin can do one, Maupay, I don't know, but we need someone in like PDQ!

It could end up like going to play at Wimbledon but not taking your tennis rackets!

What's being reported now? I read the other day that they were looking for £25m for him.

Deep down we all know 99% of it is cobblers, but with a lack of football for 2 months we need something to debate/argue about.
I just cant see us signing a plethora of Championship level players for next season if we are looking to finish clear of the bottom 3. Wolves did as well as they did because they signed 3 top quality players last Summer, Moutinho, Patricio and Jimenez. They would get into all the teams in the PL outside the top 3 or 4.

I was watching the Portugal vs Switzerland game last night and couldn't help thinking what great business Wolves did, signing the likes of Neves, Patricio, Moutinho etc. These are top quality international players.

I hope we have a few lined up.

Chill. It’s only the 6th June! Plenty of time to panic later!

To be fair as much as I like Tammy he’s not the be all and end all. He has a pretty poor record in the PL. His attitude is spot on and always gives his best but would I be entirely convinced by him being our main man for the coming season. Probably not.
He’s one to keep an eye on if it doesn’t work for him at Chelsea.

Last edited:
Getting Tammy and Alex was going to be a very long shot anyway. We seem to be making good progress on the other loanees, which is the main thing. Mings is the main one to sort out.

Then fill the gaps. Striker, winger, DM and LB are essential. And another striker and winger wouldn't go amiss.

I was watching the Portugal vs Switzerland game last night and couldn't help thinking what great business Wolves did, signing the likes of Neves, Patricio, Moutinho etc. These are top quality international players.

I hope we have a few lined up.

Yep, hope that's the sort of direction we go in, rather than recycle Championship players.