The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread | Page 197 | Vital Football

The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread

Bowen in a heartbeat but I don't think he's the same kind of 'winger' as the others mentioned.

From what I've seen he's different, so a different sort of option on the right.

Seems a lot like Dries Mertens to me given the way he was a wide player that flourished into a goalscorer, they both link up well and get on the end of final balls not to mention plenty of poaching type goals.

He's actually exactly the sort of lad you want with Big Wes up top. I'm dreaming here but I could see him blasting in goals if Big Wes can hold it up and play quick high quality passes. With that said the lad scored a good load of goals you're not scoring against EPL defences and Goalkeepers.

Sky Sports reporting we are very close to completing on Marvelous Nakamba.

Wonder if this is Plan B due to Douglas's work permit not being approved?

Well its been on face value an excellent window of transfer business so far with a number of good looking players being brought in early and most of the problem/ weak areas being addressed, at least on paper.

We are now so spoiled that I want even more signings and expect to see a GK, DM and another Striker being brought in before the slamming shut of the window.

I think the opposite, we will sign both and rotate Luiz & Marvel to drive competition for places. Think ‘Jota’ will challenge (allow rest) for Jack, with Lansbury/Hourihane pushing JMcG.
Think he’ll also push for Benrahma to challenge El Ghazi/Trez & Kodj. Think we’ll also go in for Maupay but think him and Wes May play together at times, maybe in a wing back formation at home?
Will be a challenge to keep everyone happy, but would have a squad with depth to stay in the league!
Fingers crossed?

I think the opposite, we will sign both and rotate Luiz & Marvel to drive competition for places. Think ‘Jota’ will challenge (allow rest) for Jack, with Lansbury/Hourihane pushing JMcG.
Think he’ll also push for Benrahma to challenge El Ghazi/Trez & Kodj. Think we’ll also go in for Maupay but think him and Wes May play together at times, maybe in a wing back formation at home?
Will be a challenge to keep everyone happy, but would have a squad with depth to stay in the league!
Fingers crossed?

Something has to give though - we can only have a squad of 25 players for the Prem so they can't all be involved.

Like some have already said, i’m a little confused by the Marvelous and Luyindama links. How are we going to develop the young talent we have if we get those two in as well?? They’re not going to play enough! Got to be a couple out the door, especially if Douglas is coming in too.

Probably Lansbury and Barney? I’d be okay with both of those in rotation... But 6 CBs? Either Chester’s injury is ending his career, or he’s being moved on. It’s a big risk to get in that many people and keep them happy.

Yeah hope Douglas is still joining. I suppose we are still a few midfielders short with Whelan and beardy leaving.

Strange one. This has to be a back up for the Luiz deal surely. They were confident of the Work Permit but it does appear that it’s not happening.

Like some have already said, i’m a little confused by the Marvelous and Luyindama links. How are we going to develop the young talent we have if we get those two in as well?? They’re not going to play enough! Got to be a couple out the door, especially if Douglas is coming in too.

Probably Lansbury and Barney? I’d be okay with both of those in rotation... But 6 CBs? Either Chester’s injury is ending his career, or he’s being moved on. It’s a big risk to get in that many people and keep them happy.

I think Chester is as good as gone. He's not a ball-playing playing centre half which I think is what DS wants.
He did say his knee injury was chronic and did lasting damage by playing on last season.

Curious to see which of Makamba and Luiz we'll be getting. Maybe both as we're flogging a key midfielder? Maybe 4 at the back with attacking full backs means that we have two relatively defensive meidfielders - who knows?
Certainly with all the Instagram stuff Luiz was putting out there, it felt that he was coming.

It’s actually a becoming a bit confusing and am starting to think if Marvelous and Luiz both come in then it’s getting to the point where there is no way they are all getting into a 25 man PL squad. A few unhappy players.

I just hope they know what they are doing.

I would suggest both, with Bjarnsson leaving.

Purslow said we are building 2 players for every position. These two, Jedi, Whelan, Bjarn out and Hourihane moving back to where he should be, which is cover for Jack, Lansbury, cover for John, and midfield is sorted.

Just the goalie and a for.ward to sort.

As you all say above. It is a 25 man squad, and we have about 21 or 22 players worthy (hopefully) at the moment (actually think Bjarn is worthy, but I reckon he has asked to leave)

Last edited:
I believe Chester's injury is career ending for the premier league. We have defence and midfield sorted. Just light up top now.

It's great that we finally have a management structure in place that doesn't just want us to make up the numbers again. I'm less worried about us going down now, I think we might actually get some shock results against the top teams.

Boy do we need to think about getting some out though because of the 25-man limit!