The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread | Page 191 | Vital Football

The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread

I see Ampadu has had a medical in Germany. Apparently the Birmingham Fail led us to believe we were desperate to sign him. Funny they didn't speculate on anyone we have signed.

I think Anwar will meet his full potential next year and we will have difficulty holding onto him for around 50 to 60 million, Potentially is that good
El Ghazi has been around for a while so I think a sudden jump to become a £60m player is unlikely

I've got to say, I think this is the strongest villa squad in terms of quality with depth we've ever seen. We've got at least a half decent player that specializes in each position in Dean's system. I think our second team would fight for the play offs in the championship, and our first team, fingers crossed and trusting there will be no major flops, looks a hell of a lot stronger than at least five premier league teams.

Steer
Guilbert Engels Mings Targett
Douglas
McGinn Grealish
Jota Wesley Trezequet

El Ghazi Kodjia Green
Bjarnason Lansbury
Hourihane
Taylor Hause Konsa Elmo
Kalinic

Backup:
Nyland
Chester
Bree
Davis

The only other potential business I can see happening is a goalkeeper in and Nyland out.

I hadn't realised we'd actually signed Douglas and Trezeguet.

Apparently Douglas's agent has tweeted a picture of him with a caption saying "ready for the premiership"

Not sure whether that is true , but that is what I was told this morning.

El Ghazi has been around for a while so I think a sudden jump to become a £60m player is unlikely
With this coach anything is possible, With prices going mental the way they are a good season in the premiership would achieve that type of figure

Trezeguet is the strangest of Smiths transfers so far.
From the little I've seen of him, he's a clone of El Ghazi, a left-winger who cuts inside onto his right foot.
Suppose by the market he is cheap at less than £10m .

A stocking filler or a genuine competitor to Anwar?
What about playing El Ghazi as an out and out striker with Wesley?