The Official Steve Bruce Thread | Page 101 | Vital Football

The Official Steve Bruce Thread

Steve Bruce failed.
He was brought in to get promotion.
He had the most expensive squad in the league.
All that 'experience', and he failed to do what he was brought in to do.

But, we're not in a position to get rid, pay compensation and start again, so we're stuck with him and his anti-football.

When Bruce took over we were a shambles. We were rotten from top to bottom, the dressing room was toxic, and the relationship between team and fans at an all time low.

Fast forward a mere 18 months, and we had a happy dressing room, team spirit, a connection between team and fans, we were 3rd highest scorers in the league and but for a slow start to the season would have gone up automatically.

All that is remarkable!!!

It's even more remarkable when you factor in Bruce has only had £26 million to spend over 3 transfer windows and in the same time has recouped £38 million in transfer fees.

If the target was promotion then fine, but was the target realistic considering where we were when he too over and the fact he made a £12 million profit in the transfer market and reduced the wage bill at the same time?

Also, we might have failed but we failed by 1 goal!! Fine margins.

For me he's done an outstanding job and if he goes we're seriously up shit creek.

I can not agree that SB was a failure. Only 3 teams get promoted out of 24. We were the best of the rest and one game away from promotion. Wolves are owned by the richest man in the West Midlands (according to the Birmingham Mail) with more money and influence to attract some of the best players the championship has seen.

continued-- as for anti football, again i disagree Bruce was a defender as a player and builds teams on a solid foundation, that's exactly what was required when he arrived. We had terrifically exciting attacking players in Jack and Snoddy, was robbed of our chief talisman in Kodja, and still scored 72 goals along with a couple of magical games against Wolves and Blues. No more gambles please stick with SB and see if he can add youth to the experienced framework already there to inject a bit more pace into the team next season.

Adomah, Snodgrass and Hourihane scored 36 goals between them.

I fail to see a correlation between anti-football and free scoring midfielders.

Surely if Bruce was setting up to defend and play anti football the midfielders primary job would be to defend?

Also when you consider all Bruce has done in the midst of all the personal tragedy he's suffered over the past 6 months then it's even more remarkable. I'd give him an OBE.. :silly:

With the shenanigans of the last week we need to think about what we want from a manager next season. If we are going to be in such a mire that we're struggling to stabilise and just stay where we are then Bruce has form in achieving that. If we think a depleted but youthful squad with a couple of experienced heads can get us promotion then can Bruce achieve that? I must admit to not knowing and my judgement of managers would have cost me a fortune if I'd bet money on them.

Right now I'd settle for Steve Bruce as manager and no points deduction for going into administration. I am no Bruce fan and think he should have got sacked after reading away but we need stability and you know if he ends up at Leeds they will be in the top 6.

we need to get McCormack fit, motivated and playing , same with all of them whoever stays.

Yeah, spot on, what we have is what we will start the season with.

And whilst were about it get Hutton to sign a 2 year deal before he fucks off to Derby and leaves us looking for a replacement.

You'd even hope Micah Richards would get fit and motivated and help the cause. WTF is wrong with these types of people, world at their feet, showered with riches , but just don't give a f*** , so annoying

What is exactly is wrong Micah Richards? Apparently he is good influence around the training ground a bright and bubbly personality so has his footballing ability completely deserted him. Surely at 29 a former England international and premier league champion medal holder could hold his own in the 2nd tier. Would fit in a back 3 or RB position. We can't afford a £35,000 a week cheerleader.

I am of the opinion that Bruce did indeed fail.

However, I am also of the opinion that with everything else going on, we need as much stability on the pitch that finances will allow, and that means keeping Bruce.

This is an easy decision , question.

If , as may happen, we cant pay wages etc. And we go into Admin and are deducted 12 points - who would you bet on to get enough points to stay up and give us the time needed to sort this mess - Bruce or any of the Dean Smiths of this world ?.

Easy answer isnt it.

The only guy who i would trust more than Bruce now, is Allerdyce , and he aint coming !.

Bruce leaves now , we will do a Coventry , you heard it here first !