The Official Steve Bruce Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

The Official Steve Bruce Thread

Very pleased it's Bruce. Good manager and not a dickhead. Finally we should have a manager that gets this club and can handle the job.

I wont sleep tonight - I'm so excited.

It's like going to bed on Christmas Eve, knowing that by the time you rise in the morning, Santa will have come a' calling. The only difference is that Santa will have been and gone, whereas Brucie will be here for keeps.

Well, for a month or three anyway.

I haven't been this excited since we appointed Dicky Taylor or Tommy Cummings.

glensider - 11/10/2016 22:27

I wont sleep tonight - I'm so excited.

It's like going to bed on Christmas Eve, knowing that by the time you rise in the morning, Santa will have come a' calling. The only difference is that Santa will have been and gone, whereas Brucie will be here for keeps.

Well, for a month or three anyway.

I haven't been this excited since we appointed Dicky Taylor or Tommy Cummings.

Tommy Docherty really excited me at the time. Good luck Steve, you may well need it.

Sky Sports News HQ ?@SkySportsNewsHQ 23s23 seconds ago
BREAKING: Aston Villa owner Dr Tony Xia says club will appoint new manager tomorrow. #SSNHQ

Who would've thought that the bloke who managed blues when we just couldn't seem to beat them in the early to mid 2000's is now the bloke who we are looking at to bring us out of terminal decline and out of the 2nd tier league.

Funny old game, as they say.

For me , he is CLEARLY the choice to make.

In fact, I will go as far to say, this is the first appointment I have been absolutely certain is the right choice since Ron Atkinson.

I remember that summer, he turned us down , and I rang up the WM phone in saying it didn't matter if he turned us down or not, Doug should get back on the phone and just offer him more money coz he was the right guy - and he did, and he was.

And this is how I feel about Bruce.

Everything just seems right about it.

A no-nonsence manager for a no-nonsence football club.

Brucie - don't let me down pal, coz for the first time in bloody years - I am excited !

Prediction

End of Oct - top 15
End of Nov - Top 10
End of Dec - Top 6
End of May - Top 2 (with Newcastle)

Most excellent news. Wanted him in the summer, he's the right man for job. Now let's get fully behind him and give him time to work with what he has

Sensible appointment I think, this football club needs a man in charge who understands it and is experienced enough to get to grips with the challenge and get us moving in the right direction . I don't expect miracles to get into the playoffs from where we are would be some achievement in my view , but although disappointing not getting there but having everything in place for automatic promotion next time around would do me as I believe there is a huge amount to do to instil some sense of confidence and optimism into this bunch of players

The logical choice and one that I am 100% backing! Proven man manager. UTV and best of luck 'footloose' Steve Bruce.??

Welcome Potato Head!
Welcome Potato Head!
Welcome Potato Head!
Welcome Potato Head!

:4: :4: :4: :94: :94: :94:

Actually don't think I've been this happy/excited about a managerial appointment since MON. Every other appointment since has been tinged with fear and dread, but there's no doubt in my mind now that Bruce is the right man to restore us to our former glory's!

:94: :94: :94:

Bruce said he was 'shafted' by Karen Brady over a new contract after getting them promoted, and when Wigan came calling he asked to leave.

So no, he wasn't sacked he was poached by Wigan, who I'm sure we will all agree are a far bigger club than Blues