The Official Steve Bruce Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Official Steve Bruce Thread

Could well be right kevinl but we are after whatever a safe pair of hands might look like these days.

Massive, horrible decision to have to make and not one I envy the doc.

onlyteaminthemids - 7/10/2016 19:46

To the tune of "footloose"

Steve Bruce
Steve Bruce
We've got big fat Steve Bruce

Good idea:

Steve Bruce
Steve Bruce
He used to manage the blues

Bruce
Steve Bruce
Now he's managing us

I'm not sure that blues and us rhymes but I think this is heading in the right direction. Can anyone get a better rhyme than 'us'?

Wel, if it's Bruce, we're ready. Great songs Melon, VillaTom, and BacunaM!! Very creative. And good thinking onlyteaminthemids, I like the footloose theme. Definitely apropos!

:14: :14:

Stevie Bruce Steve Bruce
Does whatever a Stevie Bruce does
Hates the blues , loves Villa
Has a head like Po-Tay-tar
Stand up
Stand up potatoe head

BodyButter - 7/10/2016 08:13

col8 - 6/10/2016 20:27

... would be the best news we have had for many year. Anyone who decided in their tiny mind that Steve Bruce would be a bad move because he once managed Birmingham City better take a look around Birmingham. Currently Blues have double our point tally after only 11games.
Gone are the days I used to celebrate St Andrews Day, (that day when no matter if Blues won all their games they could not overtake us in the league) more often they got relegated anyway! We are currently joint bottom Midlands Club in the Championship, we are not even in the same division as West Bromich Tallibhan.

Lord Ron Saunders when he left Aston Villa went to manage Birmingham City, our greatest manager in the last 58 of my years went to Small Heath.....

Do you hear supporters singing Ron Saunders is a Bluenose?
Niglel Spink worked at Blues and its a possibility he would return with Bruce as goalkeeping coach... Having a legend like Spink back at the club would be fantastic, would he get slated for working as a coach at Blues?

This thing where some Villa supporters think anyone once employed over the road cant work here is a load of bollocks. Lots and lots of players, coaching staff and managers have over the years transferred between the two clubs.

IF SOME SUPPORTERS THINK THAT THE APPOINTMEN OF BRUCE SHOULD NOT HAPPEN BEAUSE HE ONCE MANAGED BLUES THEN THEY SHOULD LOOK AT ASTON VILLA, WAKE THE FUCK UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE. BRUCE IS ONE OF THE FEW MANAGERS QUALIFIED TO TAK VILLA BACK TO WHERE IT BELONGS. (and I don't mean the third division)

Did no one notice Hull City slide into the Premiership last season?
Hull playing European football?

Currently we are not in the same league as Hull City, it pains me to say that.

If Steve Bruce is appointed as manager then any previous employment at the Sty was a very small part of what is without doubt the CV of a great player and what will become a great (England on day) manager.

I love the passion, Col. It's obvious how much you love the Villa.

Still, I think there is something you haven't considered. Did you know that Steve Bruce is a nose?

It seems to be a bit of a secret but he was manager there for quite a few years. He did pretty well too.

After McLeish, I think we should steer clear of noses.

I wont rise to the bait and hope this was posted in jest..........

Sit Down Potato Head
Sit Down Potato Head
You used to be a red
Gig done your missus in his bed...

It's being reported that Aston Villa have now held multiple talks with Steve Bruce over the vacant managerial position and it's very much a case of him or Steve Clarke.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7521618">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

col8 - 9/10/2016 19:29

BodyButter - 7/10/2016 08:13

col8 - 6/10/2016 20:27

... would be the best news we have had for many year. Anyone who decided in their tiny mind that Steve Bruce would be a bad move because he once managed Birmingham City better take a look around Birmingham. Currently Blues have double our point tally after only 11games.
Gone are the days I used to celebrate St Andrews Day, (that day when no matter if Blues won all their games they could not overtake us in the league) more often they got relegated anyway! We are currently joint bottom Midlands Club in the Championship, we are not even in the same division as West Bromich Tallibhan.

Lord Ron Saunders when he left Aston Villa went to manage Birmingham City, our greatest manager in the last 58 of my years went to Small Heath.....

Do you hear supporters singing Ron Saunders is a Bluenose?
Niglel Spink worked at Blues and its a possibility he would return with Bruce as goalkeeping coach... Having a legend like Spink back at the club would be fantastic, would he get slated for working as a coach at Blues?

This thing where some Villa supporters think anyone once employed over the road cant work here is a load of bollocks. Lots and lots of players, coaching staff and managers have over the years transferred between the two clubs.

IF SOME SUPPORTERS THINK THAT THE APPOINTMEN OF BRUCE SHOULD NOT HAPPEN BEAUSE HE ONCE MANAGED BLUES THEN THEY SHOULD LOOK AT ASTON VILLA, WAKE THE FUCK UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE. BRUCE IS ONE OF THE FEW MANAGERS QUALIFIED TO TAK VILLA BACK TO WHERE IT BELONGS. (and I don't mean the third division)

Did no one notice Hull City slide into the Premiership last season?
Hull playing European football?

Currently we are not in the same league as Hull City, it pains me to say that.

If Steve Bruce is appointed as manager then any previous employment at the Sty was a very small part of what is without doubt the CV of a great player and what will become a great (England on day) manager.

I love the passion, Col. It's obvious how much you love the Villa.

Still, I think there is something you haven't considered. Did you know that Steve Bruce is a nose?

It seems to be a bit of a secret but he was manager there for quite a few years. He did pretty well too.

After McLeish, I think we should steer clear of noses.

I wont rise to the bait and hope this was posted in jest..........

Phahahahahah, you caught me there, Col. Still, doesn't it bother you that Brucey is a nose?

I've always said no to Bruce purely on his managerial track record - not just as Blues manager. His tenures at Wigan, Palace, Sheffield Utd, Sunderland are as much a part of his record as Blues. Maybe I just want an end to the manager merrygoround and some stability with a manager who can no only take us back into the Premier League but also keep us there and build a team that will compete at the higher end and not be fighting a relegation battle every season. I couldn't care less if Bruce was a past manager of Blues, that isn't an issue just as Eck's appointment wasn't. In an ideal world Bruce would not get my vote as there is better out there, but right now we don't have the mass appeal we once had. FFS we are at the wrong end of the second tier and that is not where this club should be. So maybe we have to now remove our claret and blue tinted glasses, swallow our pride and assess where we are and address that and get this club back to the top flight - no matter what that entails. I don't like this idea personally, but perhaps Bruce is the best option we have with a guy who has achieved promotion to the top flight with less glamourous clubs and with very little transfer funds. Whoever we get, has to be given a massive transfer kitty in January to further the clearout we so badly need to do. I love this club and I want what is best for it and I want to see it back in the Premiership. If Bruce is given the task, I will support his efforts and I will hope he can achieve our goals. But I don't want an interim manager who is then told "thanks for your efforts now bugger off cos we want a big name in". If it is Bruce then he needs to be given the funds to realise his and our ambitions of European nigts and trophies.

And as you point out starchild65, he has achieved promotion with less glamorous clubs. Managing Villa will be the biggest job of his career and will define how good a manager he is.as it did with Martin O Neil, he was given the funds but in the end failed and has failed since. I am 100% behind Bruce and let's see how good a manger he can be.

He isn't the one for me, like others here. Crap situation to be in, he is quite possibly as good as anyone else who has been mentioned [except me dreaming of Koeman etc].

Anyway, if he comes and if we are losing against the unwashed I trust there will be a massive rendition of 'You're getting fried in the morning, fried in the morning, you're getting fried in the morning'

It`s Steve Bruce winning polls day !

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7521624">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Not yet manager Steve Bruce is already being linked by the press as having plans to raid Hull City.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7521622">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>