The Official Steve Bruce Thread | Page 220 | Vital Football

The Official Steve Bruce Thread

Can't Merd until January where we have natural break clauses in the deals.

Loan market changed 2016/17 from memory, no 24 hr recalls - it's half season or nothing and even then break clauses only come into play IF we put one in when it comes to speed, but I think all deals have a break clause come a certain date now.

IE old loans we could recall 24 hours or Jan 1 - new system means the break clause could come into play Jan 24 etc.

Oh well, thought it was a long shot. Be very interesting - the first team selection of the new management team (whoever they are)

Well thank god that is all over. I was seriously losing the will to live with the durge on offer under Bruce.

Who would have thought that a missed penalty by of all people Glenda Whelan would be the final tipping point because if that goes in nothing would have happended.

But it came to pass. I said it would October but thought mid October to be fair.

I apperciate that there is alot of joy r.e his sacking but ultimately most managers lose their jobs because there is a complete cluster going on. And we are no different. The new manager will still have a disaster of a defence to sort out, and i can see that being a continuing huge issue that handicaps us until we can sort it out in January. By then it could be worse than now. Bruce there or not we still haven't got any centre backs for Saturday !!!.
Yes, Bruce is to blame in this but the players should not get off scott free. And this group of players worry me.

Todays news really just emphasises that we are not in a good place at all at the moment.

We can still get them back I believe, even the season long loaners - but it just won't be Jan 1. For the half season loaners it depends on when the natural expiry date is on their deals.

We can strengthen options like that (defence!) without spending a penny, it's just not a Jan 1 thing is all mate. So not earth shattering or panic worthy, but if break clauses don't come into play until Jan 25ish etc, it's, well, not ideal for a new gaffer looking at options in what has to remain a limited budget.

I apperciate that there is alot of joy r.e his sacking but ultimately most managers lose their jobs because there is a complete cluster going on. And we are no different.

In fairness mate I'm actually impressed given the standard media line, there's not a lot of excitement or 'told you so'ing' that I've seen. Plenty, contrary to media twatheads, are thanking Bruce for turning us around but accepting he couldn't kick us on. Commenting after his personal losses last year it's actually best for him and pointing out the fair criticisms about our lack of balance and the way he's entrenched, to his own detriment, that we've all seen the cost of.

Plenty won't report that mind you.

In fairness mate I'm actually impressed given the standard media line, there's not a lot of excitement or 'told you so'ing' that I've seen. Plenty, contrary to media twatheads, are thanking Bruce for turning us around but accepting he couldn't kick us on. Commenting after his personal losses last year it's actually best for him and pointing out the fair criticisms about our lack of balance and the way he's entrenched, to his own detriment, that we've all seen the cost of.

Plenty won't report that mind you.

Yes one thing is for certain is that the forum recently has rarely been so much in agreement regarding the fate of Bruce.

Yup, I'm going off this forum and comments, and social media and comments I've seen there - there's actually more of a 'shame it didn't work' angle at play but an unequivocal he shot himself attacking the fans this season.

That lost him the majority because he ended up attacking the very people who were still defending him over valid criticisms.

He needs to get away on holiday with his family and just unwind, out of the many sacked managers we've had in recent years I am genuinely disappointed it went this way because I still can't hate him. He just went down the wrong rabbit hole in the last few weeks - understandably for me - compared to the charlatans previously who made it a game and didn't give their all.

No it would have been after Saturday

Mad that it works like that isn't it? Had that penalty gone in, he'd still be in charge for another game, and had he somehow pulled off a result at Millwall it would have been a lot harder to sack him, despite all the obvious problems still at hand.

Yup, I don't think so either. The result from 2-0 plus the cabbage made us a laughing stock. Win, it buys time for anti cabbage operations in the hope we got a result at Millwall.

I've only caught wind of the backers Bikini but I've knocked off from news tonight - I'm pleased fans are being painted as the problem - but that cabbage fella needs his head given a wobble.

Assumed you'd have seen that SJH lol

Steve Bruce is angry he feels he was hounded out by fan power- The Star.

No Mr Bruce you lost your job by not bringing in a suitable replacement for John Terry then loaning out the only other CB besides Chester at the club and persisting with your daft experiment with Jedinak. You then compounded these errors by signing two goalkeepers behind a dodgy defence the new keeper quickly lost confidence, unfortunately you had also loaned out the only other capable keeper. As if that was not enough you added two more wingers to the staff and left them on the bench.

To be fair and give you plus points you signed Abraham and Bolasie on loan and also McGinn all these players look good signings

You ignored a position you occupied for your whole career as a player which resulted in the entire team looking unbalanced and unsure, you accused some sections of the fan base of not being very intelligent and yet you made a stupid basic error which has cost the club dearly and made the task of getting promotion this season far more difficult
that is why you have been sacked.